Strange page display width

Hi,

Not sure what happened, but from about Page 6 of the following thread in the Open Forum, the pages are displaying in “landscape” mode vs. portrait. In other words, every page requires scrolling horizontally to see or read it all. Prior pages, and other threads all display fine/normally.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … c10569658b

Any ideas? Can you fix it?

Thanks,

Seeker4

[quote=“seeker4”]Hi,

Not sure what happened, but from about Page 6 of the following thread in the Open Forum, the pages are displaying in “landscape” mode vs. portrait. In other words, every page requires scrolling horizontally to see or read it all. Prior pages, and other threads all display fine/normally.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … c10569658b

Any ideas? Can you fix it?

Thanks,

Seeker4[/quote]
Yeah, your jumbo url is stretching the page. Make it a link, and it won’t do that.

One cause of that is when people post overly wide pictures.

Thanks all. Maoman was right in my case – the long URL. I edited it and the problem went away.

We have the same problem now in every thread. It must be the quick reply box that has just been added at the bottom left hand corner (with the string of emoticons underneath). I guess it might be because the box contains an image that fixes the width. The display is probably OK on big screens, but it is distorted on every computer I have used over the past few days.

FWIW It’s running fine on mine at 1024x768 resolution.

Right. Now I’ve tried it at that resolution and the display fits, but everything is too small for comfort. The computer reset itself to 800x600 after a few seconds, making the Forumosa display too wide again. I guess the computer “knows” how big the monitor is and adjusts the display accordingly??? (MS Windows XP)