Strange place it is

Hi!

I’ve discussed with a friend the other day. He’s Canadian, working in Taiwan (not in Taipei) as English teacher.

He doesn’t have a degree so his boss bought (where, big mystery, i know places for that in Thailand but not in Taiwan) a fake degree then bribed someone to get him ARC.

I’ve known a guy who was French teacher: he got is ARC thought he just gave his high school diploma.

One of my friends is a teacher. He’s Spanish, his degrees are in Spanish. They are real but since they are not in English the Taiwanese authorities are very picky, they need translations etc… So far, he’s still struggling to get his ARC/work permit… he’s struggling for two months…

Yeah, but why do they drive so bad?

HG

I don’t think you can legally teach English here if you come from a native Spanish-speaking country either…

I come from the U.S., but my degree is in Latin. I had to get mine translated too, so it’s not just your friend. Plus, then, one of the schools I applied to didn’t believe the translation because they wanted it to be handmade and personally signed, rather than the generic form my school supplies. That arugument delayed them processing my info for 4 months. In the end I just moved on to a better school that was more understanding. Maybe your friend should consider applying somewhere else.

You’re right on that point, he teaches Spanish. But since they need translation of degrees it’s a pain in the a*s for him, but I don’t think that the problem comes from school. Actually it seems it comes from Taiwanese administration – yes, they DO check the diplomas as it seems.

Why don’t u just tell them its not spanish, but a dialect of English… those retards probably don’t know the difference anyway

Might as well just give them a Spanish electricity bill…

I don’t think it would work if they phone the electricity company thinking they phone some university :smiley:

I don’t think it would work if they phone the electricity company thinking they phone some university :smiley:[/quote]

The hell it wouldn’t, the “high-priced” Spanish expert would have to then admit to the boss that he really couldn’t speak Spanish, so he’ll just pretend like everything’s OK…I reckon you could get away with a Tacaria menu…