Strategery & Smart Diplomacy ("We’re Leaving Behind A Stable And Self-Reliant Iraq")

[quote=“hansioux”]
Making money off oil requires relative peace and security, with ISIS there, neither of them can money money off oil production.[/quote]

They don’t care.

He’s only half black. He passes for black.

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t yet got the hang of popup blocker software or Linux.

John Maynard Keynes would approve. Stimulus!

[quote=“hansioux”]
While that sounds bad, it could also be a blessing in disguise. While Shite and Sunnis may never get along, it could be an opportunity for both to fully recognize extreme fundamentalism as a threat and work together on that common ground.[/quote]

The extreme fundamentalism IS the common ground.

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“hansioux”]
While that sounds bad, it could also be a blessing in disguise. While Shite and Sunnis may never get along, it could be an opportunity for both to fully recognize extreme fundamentalism as a threat and work together on that common ground.[/quote]

The extreme fundamentalism IS the common ground.[/quote]

Extreme fundamentalism only sounds good when it’s happening elsewhere. Sometimes I wonder if the Saudis are only funding these goons as a “please stay away” payment. If extreme fundamentalism happened in the Saudis, those rich chieftains are going to have a hard time keeping their heads on their shoulders.

Um…

Oh, the incompetence…

thedailybeast.com/articles/2 … -iraq.html

[quote]Current and retired American defense and intelligence officials tell The Daily Beast that the CIA and the Pentagon are not certain who exactly makes up the forces that have taken so much of Iraq. Moreover, these intelligence and defense officials says that they believe that some of the people fighting with Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) are former U.S. allies who could be turned against the hard-core fanatics—if they can be identified.

“We don’t have boots on ground providing intelligence and we don’t have confidence in information that the Iraqi government provides, because they’ve [been] so heavy-handed in the use of force against Sunni villages,” said Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., a senior member of the House Intelligence Committee.[/quote]

Making it up as they go along:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … eturn.html

[quote]The president did not give a deadline for the troops exit, only that the 275 soldiers will remain in Iraq for as long as they are needed to protect US interests.

About 160 troops are already in Iraq, including 50 Marines and more than 100 Army soldiers. Some of those soldiers have only recently arrived.

Under the authorization Obama outlined, a U.S. official says the U.S. will put an additional 100 soldiers in a nearby third country where they would be held in reserve until needed.
[/quote]

[quote] Then Saba Ahmed, an American University law student, stood in the back of the room and asked a question in a soft voice. “We portray Islam and all Muslims as bad, but there’s 1.8 billion followers of Islam,” she told them. “We have 8 million-plus Muslim Americans in this country and I don’t see them represented here.”

Panelist Brigitte Gabriel of a group called ACT! for America pounced. She said “180 million to 300 million” Muslims are “dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization.” She told Ahmed that the “peaceful majority were irrelevant” in the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and she drew a Hitler comparison: “Most Germans were peaceful, yet the Nazis drove the agenda and as a result, 60 million died.”
[/quote]

washingtonpost.com/opinions/ … ml?hpid=z6

And these are the people who in the next breath are denouncing Obama for not supplying weapons and support to the decent moderate Muslim rebels in Syria.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/gulfwar.asp

I wonder if the topic comes up at Thanksgiving.

Harsh truth: to be moderate in immoderate times is to be irrelevant, at best. Or at worst: a tool of the evil.

What Bush I failed to appreciate: not dealing with a problem because it’s too hard doesn’t make it any easier. But then, he was a politician, so maybe we should lower our expectations.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/gulfwar.asp

I wonder if the topic comes up at Thanksgiving.[/quote]

Bush Jr. should have read his father’s book.

[quote=“urodacus”]Well Saddam was not religious unless it suited him: his only agenda was his own.

but forget not the great Bush moment: Mission Accomplished.

Don’t saddle Obama with this, please. It’s mostly Rumsfeld and his ilk.[/quote]

mebriefing.com/?p=789

habilian.ir/en/201406232093/ … syria.html

It’s striking how few messiah complex sufferers are actually willing to fight in and pay for their quagmires themselves. That should be a clue to the normal people they’re constantly trying to goad into fighting and paying for their wars just how foolish succumbing to their propaganda would be. The long term solution is probably to tell messiah complex sufferers it’s time to put up or shut up. We’ll provide transportation and logistics and you or a close family member are invited to go to Iraq or wherever and accomplish whatever mission you and the voices have cooked up and we’ll send you a bill for the supplies. And be sure and keep us posted. Either that or sit down and stfu.

I actually have respect for Bush senior. In retrospect from, “Voodoo Economics”, to the quagmire in Iraq, he called it right.

Totally agreed. Anyone who thinks human have the a chance of existing ,never mind coexisting, in this racist , corrupted, polluted corporate landscape within the next 100 or so yrs is surely delusional. I say let’s quit pussyfooting around with those Muslims in Iran and commies in Russia and get them nukes in the air. The sooner the inevitable happens, the sooner mother nature can get back to what she does best.

Habemus Caliph!

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … phate.html

And of course he’s a direct descendant of Muhammid.

[quote=“MikeN”]Habemus Caliph!

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … phate.html

And of course he’s a direct descendant of Muhammid.[/quote]

wait… i’m confused… i thought being a direct descendant of Muhammad only matters to Shia… and ISIS is Sunni, so… what gives…