Streaming Services in Taiwan?

Can anyone help me know which of these streaming services work in Taiwan? I know Netflix does, so asking about others:

1. Discovery+
  2. Disney+
  3. Amazon Prime
  4. Paramount+

Does roku work?

TIA!

Disney+ and Amazon Prime, yes. Not sure about the others.

My Roku device works. If you mean the Roku streaming service, I don’t know.

Discovery+ = no
Paramount+ = no
Amazon Prime = yes, but very limited
Disney+ = yes

You can use a paid vpn to get the no options to work. Amazon is crafty at blocking VPNs though.

2 Likes

Roku has limited functionality. For example, I can not download the Disney plus app in Taiwan on my Roku. I think when I looked it up, roku is not supported in Taiwan.

Oh right, I forgot about that: there’s a very limited app selection if you set it up in Taiwan. When I first got it, I often used the Roku to mirror from my iPad instead. Then when I was in Canada last summer I set up the Roku again, so now it thinks it’s Canadian and I got plenty more apps, including Disney+. It’s worked fine pretending to be Canadian in Taiwan since then, no need for a VPN or anything.

Every so often I’m reminded just how dumb the situation is for trying to use different media in different countries.

That is because different countries sign and pay for different content rights.

Well, yes, obviously. I assumed that most of us know that and I didn’t need to state it. Doesn’t make the difficulties any less dumb or annoying, however.

Is Disney+ any good? Seems one bonus of my phone contract is 4 free months of disney+

Discussion over here: