Street signs errors (typos)

Find the seven errors

Or more …

Dstrict
Juvenie
TaiPei
TaiPei (again)
Registrati

The “y” in “City” seems oddly placed. (Does bad spacing and letter palcement count?)

And I would call “Banciao” a mistake because Tongyong Pinyin is a mistake!

(I had to keep re-editing this post to beat the Pinyin Autocorrector :fume:)

if you can count the same one repeated more than once, I count 10.

Edit: No wait, it is seven, I thought Tucheng was wrong :blush:

I’m wondering about “Taipei Command” because I can’t read the chinese I have absolutely no clue …

Well, “silingbu” means “command” as in military command headquarters.

Another mistake: it should be Taipei County Command.

Center is also wrong. It should be Centre .(Boston Tea Party is old news, OK. Lets get back to decent spelling.)

Now just one freakin’ minute… :slight_smile:

Now just one freakin’ minute… :slight_smile:[/quote]

The new American spelling system was developed by cowboy. I don’t know whether he was from Tainan or not.

[quote=“AAF”][quote=“Chris”][quote=“AAF”]Center is also wrong. It should be Centre .[/quote]Now just one freakin’ minute… :slight_smile:[/quote]The new American spelling system was developed by cowboy. I don’t know whether he was from Tainan or not.[/quote]Its Center.
dictionary.reference.com/browse/center
AAF, you are correct, you owe me NT$2 per word you type.
Pay me now…or pay me later.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“AAF”][quote=“Chris”][quote=“AAF”]Center is also wrong. It should be Centre .[/quote]Now just one freakin’ minute… :slight_smile:[/quote]The new American spelling system was developed by cowboy. I don’t know whether he was from Tainan or not.[/quote]Its Center.
dictionary.reference.com/browse/center
AAF, you are correct, you owe me NT$2 per word you type.
Pay me now…or pay me later.[/quote]

I wonder who pm-ed you. I can’t believe you just happened to read it a few minutes after I wrote it.

This is a hell of a typo, don’t know who ever managed to do this

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/centre

Nice of your chiefly American online dictionbary to mention the INTERNATIONAL spelling though :slight_smile:

[quote=“belgian pie”]This is a hell of a typo, don’t know who ever managed to do this

[/quote]

FAIFROFNCY=EMERGENCY
F=E
AI=M
F=E
R=R
O=G
F=E
NCY=NCY

[quote=“AAF”][quote=“belgian pie”]This is a hell of a typo, don’t know who ever managed to do this

[/quote]

FAIFROFNCY=EMERGENCY
F=E
AI=M
F=E
R=R
O=G
F=E
NCY=NCY[/quote]

Yes, it looks like Emergency if you cover the bottom 60%. Of course, if you driving the car right behind the vehicle while you attempt to make sense of it with your finger, you might defeat its purpose…

[quote=“belgian pie”]Find the seven errors

Or more …[/quote]

They misspelled ‘pubic’.

if you find spelling mistakes entertaining, check out this website:

engrish.com/

I wonder what street signs in a Western country would look like if they had to be in English and Chinese…

It is very funny. It seems English isn’t as bad in Taiwan as it is in Japan.

[quote=“hannes”]I wonder what street signs in a Western country would look like if they had to be in English and Chinese…[/quote]We would get a Chinese speaker to do them.

And a very well educate one at that.

And he would have his head set on the centre of his shoulders.