Strongbow

Where can i buy strongbow in taipei city or taipei county (yong ho)

As in cider? That stuff’s nasty you know…
Several restaurants have great South African cider here though and some pubs sell some other kind of English cider by the pint. You can also buy the South African stuff from here webspartaiwan.com/ which should be fairly local to you.
I guess Jason’s might still stock strongbow, from Austrlia, but it’s not cheap. Not sure if Carnegies still sells it by the pint or not.

Jason’s in 101 (B1) had Strongbow in 2-3 varieties (like dry, regular and sweet or something) for a long time and might still.

May 2010 edit: We looked for this today and could not find it.

That’s NASTY stuff! Strictly for teenaged binge-drinkers. If you’ve a taste for cider there are much better ones to be had here than that gassy piss.
Try Savannah Gold from South Africa. Its REALLY good. For draught, Stowcroft(?) Press is very passable too.

Edit: Savannah Gold you can get in several places I know of, including KGB Burger and Bobwundaye. Breeze had some last time I was in, as did that mini-Jasons in the new mall opposite the train station.
Stowcroft is a draught cider. You can get it at Alleycats Huashan and JBs pub on Shida Rd used to have it too. Haven’t been there in donkeys, though.

I’m lager
Finchy’s lager
Gareth’s lager, sometimes cider

[quote=“sandman”]…Breeze had some last time I was in, as did that mini-Jasons in the new mall opposite the train station.
[/quote]

There’s a new mini-Jason’s across the train station?

[quote=“sandman”]That’s NASTY stuff! Strictly for teenaged binge-drinkers. If you’ve a taste for cider there are much better ones to be had here than that gassy piss.
Try Savannah Gold from South Africa. Its REALLY good. For draught, Stowcroft(?) Press is very passable too.

Edit: Savannah Gold you can get in several places I know of, including KGB Burger and Bobwundaye. Breeze had some last time I was in, as did that mini-Jasons in the new mall opposite the train station.
Stowcroft is a draught cider. You can get it at Alleycats Huashan and JBs pub on Shida Rd used to have it too. Haven’t been there in donkeys, though.[/quote]
Stowford Press is the one I see most in Taipei.

Stowford press comes in pints, Savannah and Hunters in bottles.

[quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“sandman”]…Breeze had some last time I was in, as did that mini-Jasons in the new mall opposite the train station.
[/quote]

There’s a new mini-Jason’s across the train station?[/quote]

In Q Square.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I’m lager
Finchy’s lager
Gareth’s lager, sometimes cider[/quote]

gold like this is wasted on this forum :cry:

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I’m lager
Finchy’s lager
I got it!

I think I got it.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I’m lager
Finchy’s lager

gold like this is wasted on this forum :cry:[/quote]

Stowford Press also comes in bottles as we represent this brand in Taiwan. Stowford Press can be found in Jasons, Breeze Super and City Super supermarkets along with the various “on trade” outlets it’s usually found around town.

We also import a couple more very fine drops of English ciders which are Old Rosie “Cloudy” Scrumpy Premium (ABV 7.3%) and Westons Premium Organic (ABV6.5%). The best selling organic cider in the UK.

We operate a door to door delivery free of charge service around the island on full cases.

Cheers!

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I’m lager
Finchy’s lager

gold like this is wasted on this forum :cry:[/quote]

It’s much appreciated. It’s just that it’s different senses of humour for different…needs. Obviously the chief’s a sophisticated guy, and Sandman’s a culture vulture, so you know will it be opera, ballet?

Any chance you could start bringing in Magners/Bulmers? I know it’s Irish, but it’s so much nicer than the other stuff…

Savannah is just gold. Especially if soaking in a planter full of ice.

Stay away from the Savannah Light though…3%

Carrefour also carries a very good properly made Normandy cider under the Carrefour brand. Comes in a champagne bottle sizes.