Stuck in an elevator

Yes. When I was in college we used to climb through the hatch up onto the elevator roof in our dorm and make strange noises to scare other passengers.

I assume aPLF (parachute landing fall)would be the best response.

I just checked: no hatch in the roof.

Yeah, but that’s actually a good thing. Think on – a hatchless elevator? What are the chances, practically speaking, of you EVER being forced to encounter Tom Cruise covered in sweat and grime when all you want to do is get home and watch Desperate Housewives? Slim.

Lifts have emergency brakes that are not related to the cables, they grip around the rails that guide the cabin.

A certain former employee over there often used Hanyu Pinyin and never caught any grief for this. :whistle:

Boy, do I get an earful! “Follow the book!” (that is why I cannot write in pinyin, I just follow what it says in The Book). That and laziness, I admit. Why learn something if it is going to be changed in two weeks?

OFF TOPIC: Scuttlebutt has it that our employers will also come up with a system of their own. Sigh

Guys, on a serious note, just saw on the news that this afternoon an accident just happened in a university hospital in Taichung. Apparently, 15 people were injured when the elevator they were in fell from the 21st floor to the 4th! More on your local TV channels.

EDIT:

Let it be it plunged from the 21st floor down to Basement 4. 19 injured -miracle they are still alive.