Student murdered at Wenhua Elementary School

I have not found any posts about this on Forumosa. Is nobody talking about it or am I looking in the wrong place?

A 2nd grade girl was attacked and murdered in a bathroom at her school. The attacker cut her throat so badly it was 4 inches deep. The doctors could not save her. What a monster that deserves to die.

news.cts.com.tw/cts/society/2015 … Wv1r8_zphF

here is a link to the Taipei Times

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003619557

A second-grader whose throat was cut at an elementary school in Taipei died of her wounds yesterday, less than a day after she was attacked.
The eight-year-old girl, who was identified only by her surname, Liu (劉), was found bleeding from her neck and unconscious on the floor of a bathroom on Friday afternoon and was rushed to Taipei Veterans General Hospital.
Medical staff said Liu showed no vital signs when she arrived at the hospital and had a 10cm cut to her neck that had severed her trachea and carotid artery.
Doctors resuscitated Liu and restored her vital signs after surgery, but she remained in critical condition. She was pronounced dead at 10:43am yesterday.
Department of Pediatrics head Soong Wen-jue (宋文舉) choked up with tears when he announced the news to the media yesterday.
“We are very sorry. We were unable to save her life,” Soong said, after 19 hours of emergency surgery.
Soong said that Liu suffered brain damage due to loss of blood and a stopped heart, and that her condition deteriorated rapidly yesterday morning.
In the end it was not possible to save her life, Soong said.

It’s very sad, we should pray for everyone involved. The killer is clearly insane and will presumably get the death penalty.

So horrible. No young child deserves to die like this. The murderer is an example of why sometimes the death penalty is necessary. To remove the possibility that such a monster should walk the streets again. However, the murderer could be another youngster as well?

edit: I see the murderer is already known as a 29 year old man.

What an awful thing. Condolences to her poor family and to the students and teachers at her school.

has it come out yet whether this guy truly had mental issues or not? if he did then why was such a crazy dangerous guy walking the streets? these are the things people here need to be asking. i’ve seen more crazy people than i can count here, just yesterday i saw a crazy woman kicking off yelling at some people at full volume.

The guy was surely suffering from schizophrenia…he talked of hearing voices scolding him all day long. This nonsense about the death penalty is just that, nonsense. The death penalty is no deterrent for the criminally insane. Its a similar situation to the MRT stabbing last year; there’s no way to predict such behavior and no way to prevent it. Just a freak occurrence. Cold comfort to the family of the girl, I know, but what can you do? Round up everyone who talks to themselves and lock down the schools?

The crazy people shouting, talking weird, or behaving in an obviously strange pattern do not pose much danger.
99% of the schizophrenic or other mental disorders are harmless.
Plus, since they stick out like a Christmas tree in summer, everyone is aware of their presents.

Psychopaths are dangerous. They can appear very normal, friendly and socially appropriate.
Many of them always say the right things and don’t have many corners. However, I am sure their presents can give you the creeps where it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact discomfort.

I would like to give every motherfucker in Taiwan the number one Taiwanese advise when it comes to disliking the society here.

If you don’t like it here why don’t you buy a ticket and just leave? Do you really have to involve innocent children?

jimipresley recommends this post. :thumbsup:

taipeitimes.com/News/editori … 2003619549

He had a job. His co-workers said he seemed like an average normal guy to them. He declared to reporters that he always thought he was inferior to his brother and couldn’t do better. He also said he wanted his moment of fame by doing something like what happened with the MRT stabbing a while back. He wanted to commit suicide but could not go through with it.

He obviously had and has serious mental issues, but those are not always clear to tell. I think the death penalty is just in this case.

As far as school security goes…many public schools become open campuses after hours. People go in to run on the track, exercise, play basketball, etc. Students are kept after school for programs, but there is minimal staff that can keep an eye on things. I don’t think extra security or walling in schools is the answer. Crazy random stuff happens in the world. The best is to teach people to be aware of their surroundings, report suspicious activity or people quickly, use the buddy system, etc.

In this case, he came from behind her and she didn’t know what was going on before it was too late. But he was seen around the school for a couple of days and cameras caught him walking around inside the school. Maybe schools here should implement a visitor pass system and not open to the public when after school programs are going on and students are still there, yet not enough staff to keep a full eye on things…especially when strangers are walking around.

Yes. Maybe schools here should become more American. Razor wire on the walls! Security guards with guns. Security guards with TWO guns! With laser guns!

Maybe the whole populace should become more American, and live in abject fear because of one or two isolated incidents.

Seriously? The price some are prepared to pay for “peace of mind”. :unamused:

Yes. Maybe schools here should become more American. Razor wire on the walls! Security guards with guns. Security guards with TWO guns!

Maybe the whole populace should become more American, and live in abject fear because of one or two isolated incidents.

Seriously? The price some are prepared to pay for “peace of mind”. :ponder:[/quote]

Seriously is what I should be saying.

Did you even read what you quoted from my post?

I did not say anything about walling in the school other than we should NOT do that.

Implementing a school visitor pass during school hours or when after school programs are going on is far from what you were exaggerating about. What is the harm in having school visitors check in, given a pass (for having an actual reason for being there) so that they can be easily identified as visitor and not teaching staff. Students will know better who to trust and anyone walking around without a pass would rightfully be questioned. A school is different than a public park…not everyone has a right to be there nor should they.

Your knee jerk response about alleged american systems of lock downs and such is absurd.

There are crazy people everywhere, not so long ago a bunch of jihadist freaks blew up heads of more than a dozen Frenchmen and a German pilot fucking hit a mountain with a plane full of passengers.

This type of stuff always angers me, not only the tragedy itself but also the laughable public reaction afterwards, like “WE SHOULD INTRODUCE CANNING!!!” “WE SHOULD KILL ALL PRISONERS!!!” “WHY IS THE LAW IN TAIWAN SO LAX???” and verbally attacking those who are against death penalty and shit. Now those morons are a bigger problem than the emotionally unstable ones if you ask me. :raspberry:

Yes. Maybe schools here should become more American. Razor wire on the walls! Security guards with guns. Security guards with TWO guns!

Seriously? The price some are prepared to pay for “peace of mind”. :ponder:[/quote]

Seriously is what I should be saying.

Did you even read what you quoted from my post?

I did not say anything about walling in the school other than we should NOT do that.

Implementing a school visitor pass during school hours or when after school programs are going on is far from what you were exaggerating about. What is the harm in having school visitors check in, given a pass (for having an actual reason for being there) so that they can be easily identified as visitor and not teaching staff. Students will know better who to trust and anyone walking around without a pass would rightfully be questioned. A school is different than a public park…not everyone has a right to be there nor should they.

Your knee jerk response about alleged American systems of lock downs and such is absurd.[/quote]
He was being a troll about it but I think the point he was making is that setting up a system of visitor passes won’t deter knife-wielding maniacs, so why do it?

[quote=“Quarters”]I have not found any posts about this on Forumosa. Is nobody talking about it or am I looking in the wrong place?

A 2nd grade girl was attacked and murdered in a bathroom at her school. The attacker cut her throat so badly it was 4 inches deep. The doctors could not save her. What a monster that deserves to die.

news.cts.com.tw/cts/society/2015 … Wv1r8_zphF[/quote]

This is really shocking. On mondays, I teach on a buxiban almost around the corner and some of my students are from that school (and around that age) I don’t know how will the kids be holding it tomorrow.

The thing is, the people that do things like that are insane, and often difficult to spot out. Some other times you can see them coming, but no one thinks that’s something to be worried about. As an example, I have a student that might end up on the Apple Daily cover, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

He goes to junior high school, his parents have him going to buxibans after school, as well as saturdays and sundays (until the afternoon). They take away his phone, and they are super-strict with him, and the only family talk they have are scoldings. This kid has repeatedly said in class he hates (and is ashamed of) his parents. He is neglected: his socks always have holes (not sure about how many socks he has, but either all of them have holes, or he always wears the same ones), he always dresses in his school uniform because he says “it’s more comfortable”, but his school uniform is ripping apart at the seams. Literally.

He’s often depressed and fools around a lot, and when asked about what he does when he’s depressed (class discussion topic), he says he starts thinking about tragedies and violence, so his situation doesn’t look so bad in comparison.

If you ask me, he’s a gunpowder barrel waiting to explode. And I wouldn’t like to be there when it happens, because it won’t be pretty.

Some of these guys want the death sentence, so I say they should let him rot in a hole for the next 50 years , that would be far better.

so why do it?

so that people who have no business being inside the school don’t get into the school.

it would be a step in the right direction in my opinion.

as of right now, if students see an adult at school they think A. it is a teacher, B. it is an administrator, C. it is a parent. They dont stop to think or recognize “strangers”

Having a visible visitor’s pass and teaching the kids and the staff to question or report anyone not wearing one would help prevent tragedies like this.

Could someone jump the fence and get around the system? yes.
Could someone with a pass go crazy and do the same thing? yes.

But it teaches kids and staff to be more aware and teaches the public that not everyone is allowed in a school.

The guy that did this walked into the school unquestioned during after school classes when staff and students were there. Strolled through half the school. Went from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor without anyone questioning why he was there. This school and most other public schools in Taiwan open their gates around 4:30 and anyone can just walk right in and pretty much do whatever they want. It stops becoming a school and transforms into recreation center while kids are still there attending after school classes. That is the point I am trying to make. Had people been taught to question why someone is there, this may not have happened.

Some people who are insane or psychopaths like to prey on the vulnerable. And many around the world like to prey on young children. This poor girl was caught unaware and had her throat cut apparently very quickly after she was grabbed. She never had a chance. Not much different than what happened a few times in China and elsewhere. The only good thing was this guy didn’t kill more then one child.

I tend to think that this guy was not insane, probably psychopathic more likely. He could have also become another knifer in the MRT. But this one was less brave. He couldn’t kill himself (or that was maybe never the plan) and decided to kill a young girl. He may not have been brave enough to knife people in an MRT. Especially since now some people may take action if another of those incidents happen.

The end result was that a young girl died needlessly of a very tragic death.

The person that did it should never walk the streets again. Actually a bigger punishment for him would be to spend the rest of his natural life behind bars.

Hang him.

Child killers deserve the rope. It’s one of the unforgiveable crimes along with child molestation and rape. All of which should carry the death penalty. Hang the vermin.

[quote=“The_Ghost”]Hang him.

Child killers deserve the rope. It’s one of the unforgiveable crimes along with child molestation and rape. All of which should carry the death penalty. Hang the vermin.[/quote]
That guy said he wanted to kill himself but didn’t have the courage(oh the irony) so instead he killed someone else in order to be sentenced to death. Hanging him basically fulfilled his wish.