Study at NTU for 1year, how to get residence visa?

Well, I got a problem with applying for a visa.

NTU where I’m going to study for one year beginning in September tells me I should apply for a residence visa. They’ve sent me the letter of enrolment and it shouldn’t be a big deal to apply for it.

So I’ve called the ‘embassy’ in Frankfurt and they tell me that they don’t issue residence visa to students. If I really want to apply for that, I need a letter from the Foreign Minisitry which says that I’m qualified for getting a residence visa or some nonsense like that.

Does anyone know how to get such a letter from the Foreign Ministry or how to handle the whole thing, so that I may get my residence visa?!

Thanks in advance.

I am also applying for resident visa to study at NTU for a year. They certainly don’t make it easy. I wouldn’t mind if they actually told you everything clearly online somewhere. But I showed up to the consulate with nearly everything as stated on 2 official websites and there were still things that weren’t “right.” And the fact a visa costs $130 is fairly ridiculous.

Hallo Eagle,

Frag mal bei der taiwan. Vertretung in Frankfurt nach, dort kannst du auch dein Visum beantragen. Du bekommst dann einen Visa für ein Jahr, du muss aber dann wenn du auf der Uni dich eingetragen hast, dann deinen Lokalen ARC (Alien Resident Certificate) beantragen und abholen (in Taiwan).

Es klingt alles sehr kompliziert, aber ich versichere dir es ist kinderleicht wenn man es mit der deutschen Bürokratie vergleichen würde xD.

LG

[quote=“guanbatt”]Hallo Eagle,

Frag mal bei der Taiwan. Vertretung in Frankfurt nach, dort kannst du auch dein Visum beantragen. Du bekommst dann einen Visa für ein Jahr, du muss aber dann wenn du auf der Uni dich eingetragen hast, dann deinen Lokalen ARC (Alien Resident Certificate) beantragen und abholen (in Taiwan).

Es klingt alles sehr kompliziert, aber ich versichere dir es ist kinderleicht wenn man es mit der deutschen Bürokratie vergleichen würde xD.

LG[/quote]
Ich habe die Vertretung in Frankfurt kontaktiert, aber man stellt Studenten dort nur ein Besuchervisum aus. Dieses soll man dann später in Taiwan in ein Residencevisum mit ARC umwandeln lassen. Das würde allerdings doppelte Kosten und vor allem doppelten Zeitaufwand bedeuten.

I think if you want your resident visa, all you need to do is take your letter of enrollment and go to the National Immigration Agency if you are in Taiwan and change your current visa, which ever it is to a resident visa. With that you then have to applied for a ARC in your local police station. you can look up for more information in this website.
iff.immigration.gov.tw/enfront/residence.php

all the best