Studying at Tunghai University (Taichung)?

Hello my name Ava Beeton. I’m from Latvia
I wanted to study in Tunghai university
are there anyone who currently studying or have been studying in Tunghai university?
please share your experience
example: dorm review, environment when studying in Tunghai, and etc

2 Likes

Maybe we don’t have so many Tunghai students here on Forumosa? Or maybe just few people from Taichung generally?

If you describe a bit about your expectation for life, maybe some people here can at least give hints about what to expect in Taichung: Mandarin skills vs. need to have amenities in English, expectation or requirements for nature/hobbies/nightlife/food/…, …

The obvious part is: It’s not Taipei, where huge amounts of international students are. That can be a good or a bad thing, depending on what you prefer.

Unfortunately there seems to be no Facebook group of international Tunghai students, which would have been one possible place to get more information. Maybe contact the Tunghai Student association and ask if they have hints?

Apart from that, you probable already found the English language review pages like this one.

2 Likes

Curious how true this currently is. Are they still in Taipei, or have mostly left by now?

1 Like

Good point. Maybe past tense would have been better. At least not many new ones were allowed into taiwan for a while.