Studying Chinese in Hsinchu

A friend of mine will move from USA to HsinChu this summer. If anyone can recommend the language schools or a tutor ?
Thanks.

Can anyone recommend a government approved school that offers Chinese lessons … in Hsinchu or anywhere in Miaoli County?

cheers

Hi, I have been studying chinese at university in Taipei for over a year now, since I might have to move to Hsinchu pretty soon I need a school there.
Can I extend my current ARC with papers of any school?

I know Chao Tung U. has a class starting Sept. 8 '03. NT25k for 1 year, twice a week at night. Don’t know anyone who’s gone there. :?:

hey all,
Im in hsin chu and have had tremedous problems in locating a language school for myself. I want to learn chinese but I cant seem to find any other than Cornell that charges so exorbitantly, that I fear to even step into it.

I cant ask my colleagues for much help because none in the past reaped any worthwhile results anyways!

I would appreciate any help at all.

PS. I do know that this topic might have been posted many a times, but I would really appreciate if anyone who has/is studying Chinese in Hsin Chu would reply to this.

Thanks a million.

I’m looking for a Mandarin Chinese language instructor in the Hsinchu area. No language exchanges please. All help appreciated.

I had a Mandarin language-learning program before called “Sounds” (or something similiar). With this program, I was able to copy text, paste it into a textbox and the program was able to “read” it to me. Does anyone know of a similiar program?

Gracias.

1. Dr.eye 6.0
  2. text to speech from (iqchina.com/tts/tts001.asp)

Hi,

I am living in Chupei and am looking for chinese lessons in the surrounding area. So far the only place I have found is Chao Tung U. which doesn’t start untill September.

Does anyone know of any place with classes available sooner ?

Regards,
Ruhi

Hi Ruhi,

I live in Chupei, too. I am a Taiwnian. May be I can do something for you.

I don

there is a chinese school called Empty boat…they are located near windance. The teachers name is lina and she is really good. her number is 0915901652

A what? :laughing:

A what? :laughing:[/quote]Taiwanian.

A what? :laughing:[/quote]Taiwanian.[/quote]
Cool. I’m a Canadite. Or a Canadesian. Canadese? Canadean? Canadish? Canadic? Tee-hee! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Whatever…
Actually I am Taiwanlan…if you don’t mind…

[quote=“Hen-Kuan Te”]Whatever…
Actually I am Taiwanlan…if you don’t mind…[/quote]
If you’re speaking Taiwanese, then no, I don’t mind! :wink:

You are correct. It’s TaiwanLan’s language to say TaiwanLAN.
And you? Do you find who you are, Maoman?

[quote=“Hen-Kuan Te”]And you? Do you find who you are, Maoman?[/quote]No one knows who he is, he just turned up one day and never left :idunno:

[quote](I post for the first time. If I do anything against the rule, pls let me know.) [/quote]Do we have a rule about using made up words like “Taiwanian” ?

This really goes too far

The other day, after the 50th time I changed “Taiwan” into “Taiwanese,” I decided to check the dictionary to see if “Taiwan” could be used as an adjective. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the adjective form of “Taiwan” was given as “Taiwanian” or “Taiwanese.” This was in the dictionary that is standard for newspaper proofreaders. Of course, I’ve never heard a native speaker of English say it, but still.

It does appear to be a word, but checking Google is hardly proof. I got 490 hits for Taiwaneese, 450 for Taiwanian, 750 for Tiawanese, and 20 for Taiwanish. Oh, and 1,080,000 for Taiwanese.