Stupid Kids

Was riding on my way home tonight (had to work overtime) and as I’m coming up to this intersection - my green - I see this high school kid on a push bike about to run the red light… :loco:

of course, i give my horn a few beeps but the stupid frkn little kid just continues on his merry way through the red blissfully unaware that he’s being a moron…

so of course, i move over to the left in anticipation of going around him… but the stupid little kid turns on the spot to make a left turn… right in front of me… :fume:

… i hate people like this in taiwan…

… so of course, i pulled up alongside the kid… gave him a few choice words in a mix of english, chinese and japanese… pulled in the clutch and gave the engine a few high revs before taking off… leaving the kid to rub his ears to try and get rid of the ringing sound i left in them…

… hopefully that’ll teach him…

It seems like every driver on the roads in Taichung were nuts today…it was an epic day full of circus clowns driving around…What I hate the most are the idiots that drive their little Nissan March like it’s as wide as a hummer…they come up to a rather large space that they need to drive through and hit the brakes and overcarefully drive through the space that is wide enough to fit a full size sedan through no sweat!.. :fume:

ahahaha… i’ll 2nd that…

Either of you meet scooter punks that purposely try to fuck with big bikes? Had some guys on scooters trying to box me in once. And a buddy says he’s had kids on scooters pull out infront of him on purpose just to scare him…or whatever…jealous most likely.

This is what happens when you get a new motorcycle. The power goes to your head. Shame on you picking on someone on a bicycle. :raspberry: :wink:

power? what power? it’s only 40hp… :unamused: not enough to be considered powerful… :stuck_out_tongue:

as for scooters boxing people in… i suppose that’s bound to happen if you go riding in the middle of the night… i remember quite a while back on the news some guy got his beemer stolen when a whole bunch of scooter punks followed him to the gas station. personally i’ve never had it happen to me, though i HAVE had a few scooters trying to beat me… as well as a few cars… :noway:

we did have one nissan (was a cefiro or a sentra - but i can’t remember) that stuck with us really well once coming back on 21… but i had an almost completely worn front tire and my buddy was still learning his bike

I hate it when cars try and play with bikes. The two groups DO NOT belong together. I went riding with a club once…and they had one guy in a car…soooo stupid.

They learn from their moronic parents, that’s all I can say.

More than once I’ve had to hit the brakes because of old ladies slooooowly pushing their bicycles through the red light going in the middle of the lane in opposite direction. Guess they’ve already lived long enough to not care if it all ends right here and now.

[quote=“x08”]Was riding on my way home tonight (had to work overtime) and as I’m coming up to this intersection - my green - I see this high school kid on a push bike about to run the red light… :loco:[/quote]They’re in training for when they get to play with cars and scooters. Start as you mean to go on and all that.

Nuts is all I can say. Nuts.

I’m an average looking person.

But for some reason, I seem to induce gushing amounts of idiotic masculinity when ever I drive. The best helmet I have is the one with my beautiful one way visor. It seems to repel idiots. Does anyone else share this problem? :rainbow:

Today I saw some idiot on a brand new Ninja 650r…no experience on it…he just picked it up. And what’s this fool doing? He’s doing wheelies…with the rpms in the redline! What an idiot. :smiling_imp:

Congrats Mordeth, i take it you have taken delivery of your new baby then. :laughing:

power? what power? it’s only 40hp… :unamused: not enough to be considered powerful… :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

That’s all the CB has? My RG250 has 56HP, whoa…

Today’s major encounters with young’uns in Taichung and the same as pretty much any day (disclaimer: I’m a young’un myself but at least I try not to be a complete asshole):

• kid on a 125cc geared bike thinking gears = sportsbike, weaving in and out of traffic. I don’t like having this kind of rider anywhere near me so I pull out quickly at the next intersection which he misreads as some kind of challenge. My 14 year old 150cc Yamaha workhorse scooter beats your 125cc Kymco Shitmobile. He loses control at ~10km/h, dumps his bike and starts kicking it furiously.

• 3 schoolgirls riding bicycles in tandem, chatting away and taking up the whole two lanes. They either don’t hear my beeping or ignore it and only move when I shout to get out of the f’in way.

• 2 women on scooters doing the same thing at 15km/h on a 50km/h road. One nearly crashes into a lamppost. Wish she would have done.

• 20/21 year old kid driving a car, heavily tinted windows, pulls out right in front of me without looking, I slam on the brakes and beep furiously. He gives me a gormless look followed by an angry one then slams his foot back on the accelerator while still looking back and knocks over a scooter on his left side. Doesn’t even seem to notice so I stop to help the poor girl get back up.

• police bike does a u-turn at rush hour on Beitun road accompanied by screeching brakes and near pile-up. What was the incredible emergency? Important business of lunch at the bian dang store.

• kid on a ‘motorbike’ with girlfriend in tow turns left on green doing 50km/h at rush hour in the very big + busy Wen-xin / Da-ya intersection. Scooters behind me are accelerating too quickly and would react too late if I slammed on the brakes, a car in front prevents me accelerating out of his path so I accelerate anyway, he slams on the brakes, I barely miss him and stop just before kissing the car’s bumper. I have to admit there was no skill involved and I was just very very lucky but still, it sure looked cool. I chewed that guy out for a full five minutes in front of his amused gf until he turned red. He will do the same thing tomorrow though. Should have taken his wheels off.

Plus the regular old-recycling-ladies-in-middle-of-road, carefree blue truck drivers, swerving-50-feet-in-a-Smart-car-to-avoid-a-peanut drivers and plain shouldn’t-be-driving drivers.

[quote=“llary”]Today’s major encounters with young’uns in Taichung and the same as pretty much any day (disclaimer: I’m a young’un myself but at least I try not to be a complete asshole):

• kid on a 125cc geared bike thinking gears = sportsbike, weaving in and out of traffic. I don’t like having this kind of rider anywhere near me so I pull out quickly at the next intersection which he misreads as some kind of challenge. My 14 year old 150cc Yamaha workhorse scooter beats your 125cc Kymco Shitmobile. He loses control at ~10km/h, dumps his bike and starts kicking it furiously.

• 3 schoolgirls riding bicycles in tandem, chatting away and taking up the whole two lanes. They either don’t hear my beeping or ignore it and only move when I shout to get out of the f’in way.

• 2 women on scooters doing the same thing at 15km/h on a 50km/h road. One nearly crashes into a lamppost. Wish she would have done.

• 20/21 year old kid driving a car, heavily tinted windows, pulls out right in front of me without looking, I slam on the brakes and beep furiously. He gives me a gormless look followed by an angry one then slams his foot back on the accelerator while still looking back and knocks over a scooter on his left side. Doesn’t even seem to notice so I stop to help the poor girl get back up.

• police bike does a u-turn at rush hour on Beitun road accompanied by screeching brakes and near pile-up. What was the incredible emergency? Important business of lunch at the bian dang store.

• kid on a ‘motorbike’ with girlfriend in tow turns left on green doing 50km/h at rush hour in the very big + busy Wen-xin / Da-ya intersection. Scooters behind me are accelerating too quickly and would react too late if I slammed on the brakes, a car in front prevents me accelerating out of his path so I accelerate anyway, he slams on the brakes, I barely miss him and stop just before kissing the car’s bumper. I have to admit there was no skill involved and I was just very very lucky but still, it sure looked cool. I chewed that guy out for a full five minutes in front of his amused gf until he turned red. He will do the same thing tomorrow though. Should have taken his wheels off.

Plus the regular old-recycling-ladies-in-middle-of-road, carefree blue truck drivers, swerving-50-feet-in-a-Smart-car-to-avoid-a-peanut drivers and plain shouldn’t-be-driving drivers.[/quote]

I honestly…can’t remember the last time I had a close call. I know when I first moved here I had them on a daily basis…it’s been months since I had one now.

Hmm, I think a major factor is the fact I live outside the city…and my place of work is also outside. Seriously considering moving and/or switching jobs. I wouldn’t give up my beautiful large home in the country for anything…and I love riding to work with no traffic. :rainbow: