Stupid, Racist Australians

To be fair, Aussies have done much to change the word “bastard”(bastid) from an epithet to an endearment… :wink:

Imagine if every time you went out in Taiwan on your bicycle, or with your family, or on your scooter and I mean every single time some Taiwanese person yelled “Fuck you! Get a car” “Get a fucking car you cunt!” “Get off the fucking road. You cock sucker!”. Besides wondering about the uptick in Australian teachers, how long would it take you to understand, there is something seriously wrong with this place? Seriously, seriously, wrong.

You can blame it on bogons but the reality is bogons are a highly celebrated bunch in Australian culture.

Fox, my beloved, don’t kick against the pricks, lest they kick back. And now that bismarck has vacated my spare bedroom, there’s more than ample space for you, my dear friend.

Thanks Jimi. I just think it needs to be said. Mostly because if it isn’t then the pricks win. I tell the same story to everyone in Australia and no-one disagrees, but Australia is full of scaredy pants. It has a scaredy pants culture mixed with abusive morons. I pity the police. Twice a week they have a show just dedicated to the breathalyzer. It is like ‘Cops’, but it is just the breathalyzer and dramatized readings and excuses. I watched it once out of curiosity. The funny thing was that most of those tested would say 'OH, I watch your show all the time," then blow 0.15 and say, 'Oh, that’s impossible." The really drunk wags will say,“Oh, that’s impossible. It’s got to be at least 0.4 ya cunt.”

[quote=“Fox”]Imagine if every time you went out in Taiwan on your bicycle, or with your family, or on your scooter and I mean every single time some Taiwanese person yelled “Fuck you! Get a car” “Get a fucking car you cunt!” “Get off the fucking road. You cock sucker!”. Besides wondering about the uptick in Australian teachers, how long would it take you to understand, there is something seriously wrong with this place? Seriously, seriously, wrong.

You can blame it on bogons but the reality is bogons are a highly celebrated bunch in Australian culture.[/quote]

Well you’re in Queensland so it is a bit different. In Sydney bogans have learned not to start shit with Asians, but I received my fair shair of “CHING CHONG PING PONG” while walking home with my girlfriend, when were both speaking English :unamused:

[quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“Fox”]Imagine if every time you went out in Taiwan on your bicycle, or with your family, or on your scooter and I mean every single time some Taiwanese person yelled “Fuck you! Get a car” “Get a fucking car you cunt!” “Get off the fucking road. You cock sucker!”. Besides wondering about the uptick in Australian teachers, how long would it take you to understand, there is something seriously wrong with this place? Seriously, seriously, wrong.

You can blame it on bogons but the reality is bogons are a highly celebrated bunch in Australian culture.[/quote]

Well you’re in Queensland so it is a bit different. In Sydney bogans have learned not to start shit with Asians, but I received my fair shair of “CHING CHONG PING PONG” while walking home with my girlfriend, when were both speaking English :unamused:[/quote]

It’s insane and indefenssible. It might be easy to say of its just a few morons but it is a lot more widespread than that. It is endemic in the culture.

[quote=“Fox”]I’m going to put that on my wall. I think the poms get off a bit lightly though. ART?

I was watching some reality TV show the other day about an English restaurateur who decides to open his own co-operative supermarket to take on the TESCOs of the world. In the eyes of one black woman they are failing miserably because the produce was (in her words) “Just so middle class. Just so Up Your Backside, do you know what I mean?”

As a viewer, I was thinking, “No! I don’t know what you mean. Just so up your backside? What the hell are you talking about and how did that ever come to describe being middle class? Bugger me dead.”[/quote]

Looks to me like the English don’t even merit a caption :slight_smile:

In England anything that doesn’t come with oven fries and ketchup is hoity-toity stuff, and I think the attitude goes back a long way (William Cobbett was writing about it in 1800-something, with reference to poor people subsisting on potatoes even though much more wholesome food was economically available to them). I’m sure reverse snobbery is the only reason Tesco gets as much business as it does.

btw, do you recall the name of that restaurateur or his business? Is it this one: http://www.thepeoplessupermarket.org/

Agreed. And if it’s just the weather that’s holding you back, then come down south - i’m sure i could make a bit of room in one of the chook sheds.

Photo of the weather today in the middle of winter. Your accommodation is the shed down the bottom right - if you can keep the dogs at bay then it’s free rent.

Never quite heard cricket players described that way. First time for everything, I guess. :idunno:

Fuck! :astonished: It woke up!!! :noway:

Agreed. And if it’s just the weather that’s holding you back, then come down south - I’m sure i could make a bit of room in one of the chook sheds.

Photo of the weather today in the middle of winter. Your accommodation is the shed down the bottom right - if you can keep the dogs at bay then it’s free rent.[/quote]

It’s flooded here today. The news is full of stories of people driving through flooded creeks and having to be rescued. It’s all happening again.

WTF? It’s flooding AGAIN??

I just went through the 7 reports, and south side seems to be fine, though the north side’s under again. At least this time the dam hasn’t burst.

With all this influx of water the lovely Queensland Government must have relaxed water restrictions and stopped charging the emergency excesses for water, right?? :laughing:

I travelled in Australia with a tour group (two bus fulls) of asian people and we were harrassed daily. The Aussie’s favorite trick was to wave at the bus in an obviously mock friendly manner and then laugh at how gulible the people in the group were to wave back. It was like spitting in the face of a dog and then chumming up with a bit o’ the old good rover routine only to spit again.

I sat in the back of the second bus all the time. (The people I was travelling with were kind enough, not only to pay for the whole trip, but to allot me the entire back seat so I could lay down and nurse a bad back.) I would sit there in the back seat watching what was happening. The aussies would be running through their routine (it was obvious they did this ALL the time) but when the last bus rolled by they were confronted with a white face giving them a big fat middle finger, not with a completely “fuck you” attitude or anything but more with sort of a jocular “fuck you” if that makes any sense. To a man they didn’t take to it AT ALL and I decided I had better knock it off or the stupid bastards might really cause a scene by attacking the bus or some other stupid shit.

Other than that I got along with Aussies just fine. Have always liked them actually.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=105283&hilit=floods&start=30

(scroll down, there is a bit on floods)

Well, anyone on a group tour is, obviously, mentally deficient to begin with.

[quote=“tsukinodeynatsu”]WTF? It’s flooding AGAIN??

I just went through the 7 reports, and south side seems to be fine, though the north side’s under again. At least this time the dam hasn’t burst.

With all this influx of water the lovely Queensland Government must have relaxed water restrictions and stopped charging the emergency excesses for water, right?? :laughing:[/quote]

day one: WATER RESTRICTIONS
day two: USE UP ALL THE WATER GUISE :frowning:

beech: doesn’t excuse racist behavior now does it.

happy straya day

bob, you sure they were laughing nastily when people waved back? I always wave at people on tour buses and giggle when they wave back, because it’s kind of fun and kind of awkward at the same time. It’s nice to do though, everyone always smiles and waves at you!

But yeah, I wouldn’t be worried about them attacking your bus. No balls on 90% of the blokes, it’s generally all just talk. The 10% with them usually tend to be actually decent, as well.

cyborg_ninja, that video’s hilarious. I want to post it on my Facebook, but I’ll get flamed by everyone so :aiyo:

Yup, that’s sure what it looked like. There was another ugly incident where a bunch of idiot yahoos in a huge stretch limo shouted racist insults at “us” and one of our guys made a big display of taunting them on. There wasn’t any question about what was going on there. The whole time I was there I could feel a vague disdain towards our whole group.

I managed to sneak off on my own a couple of nights and one night came just inches from getting mugged, definitely.

Australia is a strange place, to be sure. On one hand, there is the undercurrent (or overcurrent if you grew up in the country) of racism, and lots of other -isms, but at the same time, a few years back, Victoria had a Premier who was the son of Lebanese immigrants, and Melbourne a Chinese born Mayor, and the Young Australian of the Year was the Vietnamese boat refugee and writer and film maker, Khoa Do. How does that work?

Cool, I’ll do it. :laughing: