Submission Grappling Taoyuan

This goes out to anyone in the Taoyuan area looking for some rolling time without too much travel. I recently moved to Taoyuan from Kaohsiung where I trained at The Forge for the last 4 years doing submission grappling and bjj. It seems the only options for people around here would be to go to MingWu or into Taipei to do some training. Good choices in training spots, and I plan on visiting them, but they involve some travel time that may be keeping people from training.
I haven’t got anything set up here in Taoyuan yet but all it takes is a couple interested minds and some space. I’ll train anywhere, weather its on some mats or in the park, doesn’t matter.
Whether you’re a beginner, have similar experience to me, or would whoop my ass, lets get things going. Formal class, or just rolling and exchanging ideas, its all good to me as long as I get some sparring time.

If there are enough people interested we can even build toward making a whole new club. All takes is a couple dedicated minds. The Forge has been around for maybe 8 or 9 years and that started with 4 guys, about 6 mats and a Bas Rutten DVD.

So hit me up if you want to start something new!

*Just noticed there’s a Martial Arts section in the forum. Sorry.

Is there really no one out there interested in grappling? All levels welcome.

Encouragement from the king!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8JlJZBgCk

Saturday sessions starting October 1st at 12:00
Starting out no-gi but I’ll bring one if anyone else wants to roll gi.

Search this address in maps to get the location.
"桃園縣龜山鄉大同路261號

Again, all levels welcome. Don’t worry about having a kimono. Shorts and t-shirt will work to start. We’re starting small but I would train with just one other person for years before I stop training altogether.

If you tap me out on the first day its free!

Any additional info needed, like phone numbers, just PM me.

*Edit to add this new club also runs Kickboxing and Judo classes in the evening.

**Edited again to add that we now also train on Thursday nights at 9

Hi, just wanted to know if the group is still active? I’m in Taoyuan and looking to get some training in. Later!

Logan

I’m interested and about to move to Taoyuan. I have limited experience but have enjoyed my brief time with bjj. Any chance that this is still happening?

is this still happening?

Facebook page: facebook.com/bonsaijjtaiwan

Andrei Liu is a BJJ Brown belt and an awesome guy.