Subway coming to Taidong

Subway will be coming to Taidong this June or July.

I love how people in our neck of the woods get excited about this kind of stuff. Is Subway really that important or good that one can’t make a better sandwich himself?

Well, Guy,when is the last time you were able to buy sliced turkey, roast beef, pepperoni, and salami in Taidong. Can’t just run down to the local Costco and pick it up. The “local” Costco is 3 hours away. I wish we had a real deli here, but there isn’t!

saddletramp: Maybe I’m not that much of a foodie, but I just don’t really have any kind of a hankering for Western fast food.

Well, Subway is now bigger than McDonald’s, so no surprise that it has reached even Taidong: http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/07/news/companies/subway_mcdonalds/index.htm

At least a Subway sandwich is significantly healthier than a Big Mac.

EDIT: Life is good when you can get your hands on a decent 12 incher. :lick:

[quote=“ThreadKiller”]Well, Subway is now bigger than McDonald’s, so no surprise that it has reached even Taidong: http://money.CNN.com/2011/03/07/news/companies/subway_mcdonalds/index.htm

At least a Subway sandwich is significantly healthier than a Big Mac.[/quote]

Good cookies, too!

Subway is about the least “fast food” out of the rest. Each is made to order, your choice of veggies and dressing, bread is fresh baked 3 times a day. At least there are some healthy choices available.

Subway is good, generally healthy and certainly better than Makkers. Good luck on your venture OP, I am sure you will do well down there.

Cheers, Deuce

+! :bravo: :bravo:

Good for you saddletramp.

FYI: there are a couple of people here on Forumosa that have Subway stores. Hopefully they can help you out via PM if this is your first franchise/endeavor.

Where will you be located so I can find you on my next bike trip?

Hi Saddletramp

I had looked into starting a Subway in Taiwan too, and after talking to a few owners (some of which were former owners) convinced me not too. One owner told me how great of a venture it was and wanted to meet with me to discuss it, but when he found out I wasn’t in Taiwan yet (I had went back home the year before), he stopped answering my PM.
(Thanks to all the current and former Subway owners that gave me some much needed insight)

However I would be very interested to see how you turn out… The McDonalds in town does well so I’m sure you will too, as you have the market.

PS Taidong is a very nice area, and I am mulling it over as one of the places I will live in Taiwan when I return this year. No matter what, I will come and visit you up there. :slight_smile:

I didn’t realise saddletramp was opening a store there. I thought he was getting excited because he’d heard Subway was coming to Taidong. I wasn’t trying to give him shit about opening a store there. Even though I don’t particularly see the point in paying someone else to make me a sandwich, I’ll go and buy one when it opens. Good luck with it.

MM, We will be at Zhong Shan Road and Shin Shen Road, right across from the old Train Station / Art Center.

There is a KFC right around the corner on XinSheng Road.

Thanks, Guy. Look forward to meeting you, I’ve enjoyed reading many of your posts.

Good luck, Saddletramp. It’ll be one small but welcome addition to Taitung’s many other attractions. I’d be pleased if someone would open a Subway here in Linkou.

MM, We will be at Zhongshan Road and Shin Shen Road, right across from the old Train Station / Art Center.

There is a KFC right around the corner on Xinsheng Road.[/quote]

Yes, yes, easy to find. Great location to pick up a packable lunch if doing the bike circuit.

Our opening date has been set for July 1, 2011!
We will start the construction next week.

I look forward to serving you all!!