Suggestions for sending a laptop from Kaohsiung to US

I’m new to Taiwan and Kaohsiung (2nd week here). I can speak some Mandarin. I’ve had online classes for 2+ years, but mostly focusing on spoken language. My real world experience and listening skills are kind of low, and I cannot read (I guess that makes me illiterate!)

I find myself having to send a work laptop back to the US from Kaohsiung. What would be the easiest way to do this? Are there any places that will pack the item for you or should I plan on getting a box and doing this myself.

I did try looking up Fedex locations and saw that most of the Chunghwa Post locations can supposedly do Fedex Express, however when I went to one they said that they cannot accept laptops.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The problem is most places in Taiwan don’t want to take anything with a lithium battery in it. AFAIK, only DHL can pack batteries.

I could be wrong or out of date though.

3 Likes

I will look into DHL. Thank you!

Many thanks Marco.

I went to the DHL here:

They were incredibly helpful, even with my bad Mandarin. They provided a box and bubble wrap, packed the laptop and accessories for me, took care of the customs forms and got the package on it’s way.

4 Likes