Suicidal Politicians

I often read about these party members who threaten to kill themselves if they don’t get their way with whatever they want…WTF is that all about? That has to be the most childish way of behaving in politics . A suicidal person needs to get help whether they claim to be joking about it or not. It sets quite an example for the public to follow…

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2009/10/29/2003457155

I’m all for it, of course. Go on, reject his registration.

I think it’s an excellent policy, and one that should ideally be mandatory in Taiwan and world wide… You take your swing at representing the people in government service, you lose, it’s forced euthanasia… Give the filthy self serving money grabbing scum politicos something to consider before looking for a career in living fat off of the public sweat and give those who win motivation to do a good job…

If a politician is going to bleat on about killing themselves, then they should follow through.
Follow the lead of Bud Dwyer, call a press conference, and blow their brains out with a .357 Magnum.

Absolutely. Strange that they keep resorting to such lame theatrics when it’s obviously BS. As the OP pointed out, there’s been a string of these phoney dramas in Taiwan and as far as I know not one has actually followed through on his promise. So much for credibility. :unamused:

Can anyone Taiwanese please tell us:

A. what these people are thinking/anticipating/planning (if indeed they are) when they say this.

B. what Taiwanese people are thinking/expect to happen when they hear it.

C. why no one (politicians) notices that it’s been said before, has zero credibility and makes them look like a twat.

D. why no one (people) points out to the politicians that this makes them look like twats.

Seriously - the psychology is baffling even after seven years here.

Its a game of chicken - no one dares challenge, just in case they actually do it (or worse, if some fate befalls them whereby death also ensues). To egg someone on - and actually have them die on you - is a huge loss of face, shame etc. etc. For most Taiwanese, death is a really taboo thing to begin with. Most are reluctant to say “go on then!”

This psyche is then exploited by political maggots as a cheap ploy to gain prominence.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]If a politician is going to bleat on about killing themselves, then they should follow through.
Follow the lead of Bud Dwyer, call a press conference, and blow their brains out with a .357 Magnum.
[/quote]
The restored color video footage of this incident is stunning to watch. :astonished:

I’m all for it, of course. Go on, reject his registration.[/quote]

Eggsactly. However it’s probably just another campaign promise disappointment.
:cry:

[quote=“k.k.”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]If a politician is going to bleat on about killing themselves, then they should follow through.
[/quote]
The restored color video footage of this incident is stunning to watch. :astonished:[/quote]
Indeed. A man on a mission. The dialogue is equally stunning.