Suicide in Xindian District office MRT

Someone jumped onto the tracks …tried fighting my way through masses of people and news reporters and police on my way back to work. RIP, not nice.

Bloody inconsiderate! Are you sure it was a jumper? Not a fall or a push?

Bloody inconsiderate! Are you sure it was a jumper? Not a fall or a push?[/quote]
Have you been pushing again?! Geez dude…

That explains the shuttle busses yesterday along green, then. I had a nice feeling thinking it was possible for the MRT to break down, but that’s actually a pretty sad thing that happened. That’s why they need those walls at every station, not just some of them. Maybe if the walls were there, this person might have been discouraged from jumping onto the track. That, and it stop people from falling in by accident as well…and a full size wall would block that nasty wind.

Sorry I stole the thread.

The trains were being turned back from Taipower, and shuttle all the way down. 10 minutes headway, bit messy but has been worse.

From the news:

[quote]台北捷運又發生有乘客掉落軌道,今天(15號)傍晚5點42分,台北捷運新店線,新店區公所站在往台北車站方向月台,下班尖峰時間,發生一名女性乘客落軌,這名女性乘客在列車進站時,掉落軌道,被捲入列車底下,捷運公司緊急暫停列車,並緊急啟動捷運新店線–新店區公所站到七張站間,單線雙向通車,消防人員也立即前往救人,不過落軌民眾的狀況並不樂觀。由於正值下班尖峰時間,新店線搭乘乘客相當多,為了處理落軌事件,也造成列車延誤。捷運公司也已經同時啟動新店站到古亭站間的公車接駁服務。

[/quote]

At 5:42 pm, a female passenger fell on the tracks at Xindian Office Station. Even though the driver applied emergency brakes, she ended up under the car, condition nt revealed, but according to witnesses not looking good.

More here:

[quote]台北捷運又發生乘客跳軌,一名76歲的老婦人,今天傍晚5點42分,在新店區公所站跳入軌道當場死亡,由於正值下班尖峰,捷運新店線「新店區公所站」到「七張站」之間,一度採單線雙向,造成列車延誤。捷運新店線到晚間7點40分左右,才恢復正常營運。(林麗玉報導)

台北捷運又發生有乘客跳軌,15號傍晚5點42分,台北捷運新店線,新店區公所站第二月台,在下班尖峰時間,發生一名76歲的婦人,趁列車進站時跳落軌道,這名婦人落軌後被捲入列車下,當場死亡,捷運警察隊副隊長鄧福聲表示,調閱捷運車站的監視器畫面,這名婦人是在月台中間,趁列車進站時蓄意跳入軌道,應該是自殺。捷運警察隊也已經通知家屬,這名婦人就住在新店地區。而跳軌事件發生時,捷運公司緊急暫停列車,並緊急啟動捷運新店線–新店區公所站到七張站間,單線雙向通車。由於正值下班尖峰時間,新店線搭乘乘客相當多,也因為處理跳軌事件,造成列車延誤。

[/quote]

Passenger was a 76 years old woman, Xindian resident, she died. Police presume it was a suicide, as per survelliance video

One of my neighbours were on that MRT. Said they sat inside for 10 minutes before the doors opened.