Sulfer Water and Burning Eyes

Our water has a very strong sulfer smell and burns my eyes. Why is this? Is it normal for Taiwan? Can it be fixed?

It is throughout the house in every spicket, sink, tub, etc.

[quote=“derek1978”]Our water has a very strong sulfer smell and burns my eyes. Why is this? Is it normal for Taiwan? Can it be fixed?

It is throughout the house in every spicket, sink, tub, etc.[/quote]

No, it’s not normal. It’s seriously wrong even for Taipei. The main problem with water here is that it gets stored on your roof. If no one cleans the tank it gets pretty awful. But sulphur? And burning your eyes? You better get your gf to call the water department.

derek

Move.

sulphur eyes:

i had this happen when i went to the hot springs in beitou. in some areas, like beitou, spring water is pumped into the homes. pretty cool, in my opinion, but it can cause havoc with contact lenses. just a thought.

[quote=“hank”]sulphur eyes:

I had this happen when I went to the hot springs in Beitou. in some areas, like Beitou, spring water is pumped into the homes. pretty cool, in my opinion, but it can cause havoc with contact lenses. just a thought.[/quote]

Derek lives in Muzha.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“hank”]sulphur eyes:

I had this happen when I went to the hot springs in Beitou. in some areas, like Beitou, spring water is pumped into the homes. pretty cool, in my opinion, but it can cause havoc with contact lenses. just a thought.[/quote]

Derek lives in Muzha.[/quote]

The house that has the sulphur problem is in a village next to Kaohsiung. The house has two store fronts down stairs and is actually 2 houses joined together owned by her family. One half is empty and pretty new. Really big and clean and in a decent area. But the water is just horrible. I used it to brush my teeth and it gave me the runs for about 2 days, burned my eyes, and stunk up the place. I wouldnt dare drink it, even if it was boiled.

I convinced the family to contact the water bureau. They came and looked at it and said that the water is being pumped in from underground and is not being filtered properly. Looks like its going to cost a pretty NT to get it fixed too. It’s going to end up being our house after were married so I don’t mind chipping in. Have not had this problem in Muzha though. Our apartment’s water is great.