Summer jobs

You guys have any idea for summer jobs in Taiwan. It’s more than likely summer internships in NY will be canceled which sucks because I’ve been working hard to secure a good one.

I have a B.S in business admin and finance. I don’t know what else I can do for decent pay besides teaching English. Which isn’t too bad but maybe there are other options.

I need to extra cash going to London for post grad for the next year. It’s ridiculously expensive.

Depends a lot on what you optimize for.

If you care more about relevant experience, see if you can get an internship at one of the international banks or asset managers like Black Rock. Offer to work for free, if necessary.

If you care more about the money, teach English.

I’m doubtful as summer programs have been closed since November, it’s really late now.

You won’t get it the official way. But this is Taiwan and a bit of Guanxi opens a lot of doors.

They communicate in Chinese or some mixture?

I work in entertainment, so hell, what do I know? But my understanding is that most international finance and consulting companies are full of ABTs and Taiwanese who went to American schools, so they’re all comfortable with English. They probably just switch back and forth between English and Chinese.

Doing what?

Management consulting

Try to get an academic scholarship. Many of them operate like generous welfare handouts that you compete for. I’m not proud to say that I leeched off government money throughout my postgrad, but it got me through.