🤼 Sumo

Great matches at that time. I liked Musashimaru a lot, another big Samoan

It always looks like Takakeisho has problems breathing and is going to pass out any moment, but he’s remarkably good.

takakeisho-breathing

Anyone remembers Takanoyama? He was awesome. Making it to the elite level without putting on tons of weight was remarkable.

1 Like

Wakatagakage Wakatakakage not even the big guy but leading 11-1 at day 12 along with Takayasu also 11-1.

4 in striking distance I think.

2 more days in Grand Sumo March match.

Wakatakakage (need to remember: three k’s, four a’s) has been very good throughout the tournament. Very strong and mobile against bigger opponents. Next Ozeki for sure. Impressive how he gets out of trouble sometimes, when you think the bout is over.

Great bout between Takayasu and Takakeisho today.

2 Likes

Lot of slapping there

2 Likes

Yes, doing quite well and more so for a smaller guy

2 Likes

Never underestimate the effectiveness of a good old slap. Actually a very good way to defend oneself in a street fight, alongside head butting and fist to the spot just below the rib cage. :nerd_face:

1 Like

The departure of ever so dominant Hakuho and the early exit of Terunofuji has left the door wide open for new stars to emerge. Kind of exciting, and I have to correct myself after having followed this tournament a bit. I wasn’t impressed by the current rekishis before, but now I think some of these matchups have been quite intense and entertaining.

2 Likes

Please no spoilers

Final match today 330-5pm live on NHK TV.

Leaderboard

2 Likes

So who will win, down to two

1 Like

Jikan desu! Go… Waka… Wakataka…! I give up spelling that name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shodai has been on a roll in the second half of the tournament after a pour start, but he’s got katsukoshi already, unlike Abi against Takayasu. So I give Waka a good chance here.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well still hope for Wakatakakage

1 Like

Oh, oh… yeah, one more then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Takayasu’s defeat looked worse. But that does not mean anything, right? Great to have the two fight it out directly.

1 Like

yes, very exciting finish

1 Like

Will be tough for Wakatakakage to repeat that previous win. He’s well smaller and lighter.

1 Like