🤼 Sumo

well we are it seems on the same side…

1 Like

I like the smaller wrestlers who rely more on technique and quickness than body mass. :slight_smile:

Though, Takayasu has an impressively well shaped round belly.

1 Like

Wow

2 Likes

wow, wow, wow !!!

2 Likes

That was unexpected

1 Like

Purists will lament the henka attempt, though

Good for Fukishima ~. Either way, it was a good match and really the full event. The much small guy won

1 Like

Grabbing Takayasu’s arm prevented him from falling out of the ring, than he pulled him on the same arm down. I think I have never seen that before.

Correction, in the reply it shows that he grabbed the belt

1 Like

Also being smaller his footwork was (I think) easier and prevented a step out.

Very exiting ending, was happy I watched it live on TV !

1 Like

Great story. I’m officially routing for that dude over the next tournaments. Feel bad for Takayasu, though. Needs to learn how not to choke on the final days.

2 Likes

The May Tournament, 8-22 May 2022, at Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan National Sumo Stadium

Yes nice story and good for his hometown, which has not much good news.

Natsu Basho started.

What are your predictions? Will Terunofuji stay healthy enough to finish the tournament or is he going to be force-retired after another early exit?

Will Wakatakakage have another stellar performance to reach Ozeki?

Will Takayasu finally win one?

1 Like

so who do you think will win

One day to go, Terunofuji in the lead, don’t think he will lose the last bout or a potential playoff with Takanosho. The current Ozekis are really unimpressive. My favorite wrestler, winner of the last tournament, Watakatakage, had a bad first week, but impressive wins after that. He’ll be Ozeki soon.

1 Like

The results are in! Nice win but not as exciting as the last one. Watakatakage did well after a slow start, I hope he can do well but he is small and others know him well so will prepare better for him so it will hard.

Watakatakage had impressive wins against the Ozekis and the Yokozuna. Got out of hairy situations quite skillfully. Was surprised that Terunofuji got the tournament win. He always looks like his body is giving up on him soon.

1 Like

Have watched a lot of Sumo over the years, but never seen a bout like this before. I think Wakamotoharu deserved the win.

3 Likes

Wow thanks for sharing.

Long delay, strange one!