Sun Moon Lake?

Looking for one or two more people to do the Sun Moon Lake Swim? Any takers.

Transport provided with Red Cross going up the same day, early, to do the first swim. If you’re interested let me know. All in cost of certificate, lunch, t-shirt etc… is $1300NT.

Registration: 7/10 ~ 8/1 (There’s a 20,000 person limit on attendance so I’d like a group organized before 7/19 latest)
Event date: 9/16
Transport: By car/bus (on 9/16)
Distance: 2m or 3.3 km
Ability Needed: Basic Swimming Ability
Registration fee: $1300
Details needed: ARC or passport no, Tel/Cell, Full name
Departure Time: 3am (from Taichung)
Swim Time: 7am
Swimming Time: allow 2-3 hours depending on ability
Back in Taichung: 4-5pm (leaving from the lake at 1.30pm)

Don’t worry about the length of swim etc… i did the swim a few years ago. there are lot’s of large floats throughout the middle of the course for people to clamber up on and take a break. All have licensed personell on them to provide assistance. This isn’t a race but at least doing the first swim at 7am may allow for less people and it will certainly be cooler.

Let me know if you’re interested. Reply for more details as needed.

Mr. Blobby

Need one more person? Any takers?

I have 4/5 people that need a place, myself inc. in that - any pointers? I’m aware we need to get on it today!

Yeah no worries. We can join groups if you like coz the person i’m arranging this with needs to know registration details today and it would be easier to do it together than separately etc…

I was planning to go down to the Red Cross this afternoon to pay them, but if you have th information mentioned in the post (i.e. passport/ARC numbers, tel numbers and names) I can meet you before hand to help sort it out. Their office closes at 5.30pm so if you want to do that we could meet at the train station around 4ish. Let me know?

I have 4/5 people that need a place, myself inc. in that - any pointers? I’m aware we need to get on it today![/quote]

Sent you a PM with info and contact details. Hope to see you there! :slight_smile:

Hi guys, I am only one person, but I really want to do it.

Please, let me know if somebody of you cannot make it.

Thank you,
Filip

I have started training for this now, and one problem I have is after swimming for a while I get pretty thirsty, does anyone know if there are stations on the way where I can get some clean water? or some method of taking some drinking water with me for the paddle.

Hi
If there is an open spot, or if there is one opening up, and if it is possible to substitute, I would love to slot in with you.

[quote=“VanDerM”]Hi
If there is an open spot, or if there is one opening up, and if it is possible to substitute, I would love to slot in with you.[/quote]

Looks like it was for last year.

I wouldn’t swim in there. Apparently there are snakeheads and giant snakeheads in there (that can grow to 2m).

Hehe, thanks.
I really want to do it, and I was so glad when I saw the posts that I didn’t even notice that it was last year.
Although I don’t fish, I promise that if I get to go, I will try not to pee in the water and spoil it for someone who does want to catch a snakehead or a giant snakehead.

No worries. It looked like fun, I thought about doing it as well. Just thought I’d have a look online to see if there was anything nasty swimming in there. Didn’t fancy coming out covered in leeches or anything like that. I think the chances of being bitten by a snakehead are probably really low. I prefer swimming in water with more visibility, but that’s just me.

Cheers for that Dr Jellyfish.
My original thinking didn’t really go beyond your first line in this case. It still looks like fun to me.
Now that you have my mind on that track, I realize I may be a little overconfident of my position at the top of the food chain as part of the most murderous and cruel species, so I recon it’s fair to give the leeches and fish a short window of opportunity for payback.
I hope I can still find an available ticket.