Sun Yat-sen = Jesus Christ

Jesus came because the Hebrews and their leaders got so caught up in the law that they lost sight of their Covenant with God and needed to be saved, so to speak.

Sun came bacause China’s rulers misused the “Mandate From Heaven”, turning it into a tool to fatten their pockets and oppress the people rather than for wise and progressive governance. Sun’s purpose was to give the Chinese people tools that they could use to ensure that their government respected the Mandate From Heaven, thus restoring the covenant between the government and the governed.

I dunno about that, but he sure looks like Jean-Luc Picard from “Star Trek: The Next Generation.” Or is that Chiang Kai-shek? I always confuse pictures of the two of 'em.

And Hong Xiu Chuan was his baby brother…

Now I think I’ve read it all :laughing:

Isn’t it a sin to use Sun’s name in vain.

Sun Yat-sen (Sun Yixian or Sun Zhongshan)

Chiang Kai-shek (Jiang Jieshi)

Another one of Chiang

Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart)

Somebody had to do it!

That’s funny. They do look somewhat alike.

Thank God that Dr. Sun came along and did away with all that corruption that flourished under the Qing (Ch’ing).

So I guess this would make Chiang Kai-shek the Apostle Paul? Controversial figure whose interpretation forever molded the institutional memory of the founder, and without whom the founder might have been forgotten? Or do the two of them make a better Lenin / Stalin?

The thing about Sun is, he was more of a figurehead than anything else. He didn’t start the Chinese revolution, but rather ran to the front of the parade and started hoisting a baton, so to speak. He only lasted a couple of months as president, and his book was important more as a symbol than for its contents.

Both the Kuomintang and the CCP are like wacko theocracy cults that have misused the Messiah’s name for 2000 years to set up repressive hellholes and consolidate the power of the social eliete.

So unlike the DPP political plan to divisive politics to garner votes.

Sun Yat-Sen

Unlucky Alf - “Got to unite the Chinese nation…oh bugger!”

Anyone? :astonished: :noway: :astonished:

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]Thank God that Dr. Sun came along and did away with all that corruption that flourished under the Qing (Ch’ing).

Yuan Shikai was officially elected president in 1913. However, Yuan dissolved the ruling Kuomintang and declared himself emperor in 1915. Yup he sure did away with all that corruption.

So I guess this would make Chiang Kai-shek the Apostle Paul? ( I was thinking more along the lines of Judas, not bad for a warlord and regional thug)

The thing about Sun is, he was more of a figurehead than anything else. He didn’t start the Chinese revolution, but rather ran to the front of the parade and started hoisting a baton, so to speak. He only lasted a couple of months as president, and his book was important more as a symbol than for its contents.[/quote] Agreed!

He was never actually president he was the provisional leader of the 21 article “Outline for the Organization of Provisional Government,” a treatise which served as the basis for the establishment of the provisional senate in Nanking. This first president thing is a common mistake and works better with the whole mythology of a culture hero, rather than the plain old truth. Facts sometimes get in the way of romance.

So if Taiwan someday becomes “independent,” will that make Lee Teng-hui the “Father of Taiwan” or something like that?

What a role model … :unamused:

Little Buddha, the Taiwan independence people have thought of that already. Somewhere on this site there’s a thread on “who’s the real father of Taiwan”, with many nominations.

Trivia question (along the lines of "who was the first ROC president): Who was Chiang Kai-shek’s immediate successor (here in Taiwan)?

Yen Chia-kan, of course. :smiley:

Although Chiang Ching-kuo who was “Premier of the Republic of China” at the time held the real power.

Cee-gar for Boo-da!

Here’s another one: What years did the last emperor of China reign? (You can go several ways with this one.)