Sunday day time pubs?

Sorry to winge but apart from Malibu West ( expensive out of happy hours} and The Phillipino Karaoke bars are there any pubs open in the day time on Sunday here in Taipei? Or is this the most boring place on earth!!

No it is NOT the most boring place on earth. You haven’t tried hard enough. There are plenty of places open during the day on a Sunday. Carnegie’s who you complain about in another post as being too expensive probably offers one of the best deals in town on a Sunday with Happy Hour all day. Go there on a Sunday and you will find a pint costs LESS than in London. You will also find that pints in major Asian cities often do cost more than you may be used to down your local boozer. Try Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore or even Shanghai. I suggest before you slag off this city and the people who are quite happy living here and don’t have a major problem with prices, you take some time and have a better look. You cannot compare apples and oranges.

What are you doing shut up indoors on a Sunday? Get yourself out of town and see the true beauty of Taiwan!

Just my ha’p’orth

The Pig,
Posthome,
Carnegies,
Hooters,
Citizen Cain,
Shannon,
Dan Ryan’s
and many, many more, and this just in the city. Head for the hills or do you need the saftey of weetern music and guaranteed english speaking staff?

Malibu is just fine too!

Chou

Backerei is a good place to have a few pints of Warsteiner / Erdinger and some decent German food.

Now where, exactly, is that place?

Chou

Wendel Backerei, then its in Tienmou, on the west side of Chungshan North Road Section 5, Near De Xin East Road. Nestled between the Police Station and the Hush Puppies(ex Doc Maaaaaarten) shop.

-chris

Or if you had any class, you’d go to the top of the Far Eastern Hotel and drink champagne all day for $750.

[quote=“mungacious”]Wendel Backerei, then its in Tienmou (Tianmu), on the west side of Zhongshan North Road Section 5, Near De Xin East Road. Nestled between the Police Station and the Hush Puppies(ex Doc Maaaaaarten) shop.
[/quote]

Gotcha,

i must have passed it a million times already.

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”][quote=“mungacious”]Wendel Backerei, then its in Tienmou (Tianmu) (Tianmu), on the west side of Zhongshan North Road Section 5, Near De Xin East Road. Nestled between the Police Station and the Hush Puppies(ex Doc Maaaaaarten) shop.
[/quote]

Gotcha,

I must have passed it a million times already.

Chou[/quote]

They were putting up a fancy new sign when I was there last weekend. Warsteiner and Erdinger: NT$110. The sandwiches are decent and cost NT$90-NT$110.

I have a better option. Jim Beam pints at the 7-11 ($142NT each). One can of Coke for every two pints. Take those bad boys down the park and a’sip and a’think. :wink:

I never pay more than 100 NT a pint ANYWHERE only a idiot would. If we can sell beer at 50NT and make a profit than so can everybody else. ( Lora’s )

Jonah,

Say that to my face and your going to get a pint of Guiness splashed in your face. :smiling_imp:

Chou

Jonah,

Say that to my face and your going to get a pint of Guiness splashed in your face. :smiling_imp:

Chou[/quote]

Chou,

You would waste Guinness!? No, wait you’d also have a mug under his chin to catch that black gold dripping off Jonah’s face, right?

HS.

Jonah,

Chou[/quote]

Chou,

You would waste Guinness!? No, wait you’d also have a mug under his chin to catch that black gold dripping off Jonah’s face, right?
HS.[/quote]

Hakkasonic, I believe that alcohol and tobacco are two things in life that one can waste freely. There will always be more of both. Also, it would be money well spent after being called an idiot by a penny pinching limey.
Chou

15 months in Taipei and still refuse to pay over 100 for beer. Have been pissed every weekend and pulled!
Off to Bangkok for cheaper women and beer!