Super confused wrt JFRV

I have been trying to give a mate of mine some advice on JFRV’s etc but there seems to be conflicting advice here…

Her situation is:

:: She Australian
:: He Taiwanese
:: Married in Australia, both living here (down under) now
:: She has no ARC (obviously)
:: They want to return to Taiwan - but she has no ARC

What is the best process for her to get a JFRV?

Thanks in advance.

Get their marriage certificate from the Department of births, deaths and marriages. Go and get it notorised at the Taiwan Trade and Commerce Office (same place she’ll apply for her visa at). Melbourne’s Birth, Deaths and Marriages and the Commerce Office aren’t far apart. She’ll also need the criminal record check for the JFRV ARC Taiwan part. Still in Australia, now she can apply for a two month extendable visa with the purpose of joining family.

Once she gets to Taiwan, she can then go about getting her ARC.

So… a JFRV cannot be issued without an ARC? She is going back with hubby and sprog to be a housewife.

AWOL, ARC is not work permit.

She gets the JFRV, and that entitles her to an ARC (which she needs to reside in Taiwan).

Check this post:

[Getting Married in Taiwan

Brian

I know ARC does not equal but when all this talk of ARC issuing I assumed there was some sponsorship of the work variety that needed to happen… but you are saying the ARC is issued on the grounds of JFRV, and not issued on grounds of work. Thanks for the reply mate.

[quote=“AWOL”]I know ARC does not equal but when all this talk of ARC issuing I assumed there was some sponsorship of the work variety that needed to happen… but you are saying the ARC is issued on the grounds of JFRV, and not issued on grounds of work.[/quote]That is exactly it, you get your ARC because of your spouse, not because of your work. This sort of ARC allows you work whereever you like without needing a specific work visa, or even live in Taiwan without working.
When you get your JFRV stamped in your passport, take it to the Police station within 15 days to get your 3 year ARC, and multiple entry permit.

thx all… most appreciated indeed.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]. . . . . you get your ARC because of your Taiwanese spouse, not because of your work. This sort of ARC allows you work whereever you like without needing a specific work visa, or even live in Taiwan without working.
When you get your JFRV stamped in your passport, take it to the Foreign Affairs Police station nearest where you are living within 15 days to get your 3 year ARC, and multiple entry permit.[/quote]
This advice is essentially correct. I have taken the liberty of adding a few minor comments in bold type.