Super Six (boxing)

David Haye’s prediction for the Super Six:
“The Super Six is great for Carl (Froch), I think he will win that. I think he will beat Arthur Abraham and I think he will knock out Mikkel Kessler.”

[quote=“gangster recycler”]David Haye’s prediction for the Super Six:
“The Super Six is great for Carl (Froch), I think he will win that. I think he will beat Arthur Abraham and I think he will knock out Mikkel Kessler.”[/quote]

Yeah kind of what I think about both of them too although I can understand the critics thinking Froch would get jabbed to death. You would think so but it just never happens. As for Haye fighting a 40 year old yah well that 40 year old was of a very very high calibre something people forget and it was also a life chaning experience for Haye. Anyone can lose and I reckon a loss AT THE RIGHT TIME is good for most fighters as it stops complacency.

Knock Kessler out!

That’s a brave prediction.

[quote=“fenlander”]Yeah kind of what I think about both of them too although I can understand the critics thinking Froch would get jabbed to death. You would think so but it just never happens.[/quote]He reminds me more of a Thai boxer, quite minimal with his movement.

I had never thought of that before but yah you are right. He’d be good at Muay Thai no doubt if he had trained in it! :thumbsup:

most of his opponents after fighting him comment that he is a lot harder to hit than they had presumed.

Taylor’s pulled out for definite. No idea who they’re going to replace him with. Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Calz… no, don’t be silly.

Hatton’s confirmed he’s definitely fighting this summer, perhaps against Urango (maybe as a warm-up to Khan?).

[quote=“tomthorne”]Taylor’s pulled out for definite. No idea who they’re going to replace him with. Wouldn’t it be fantastic if Calz… no, don’t be silly.

Hatton’s confirmed he’s definitely fighting this summer, perhaps against Urango (maybe as a warm-up to Khan?).[/quote]

Cal would slap them and make them all his bitches lol Froch will be jumping with delight to get at Cal.

Yah I heard about Hatton fighting. I will be excited to see it. He is a great fighter.

A one-off fight against Khan maybe? I think Khan would win, but he could also receive a very nasty shock. Everyone seems to think Hatton’s ego is getting the better of him, I’m not so sure. I think Hatton knows exactly how shot he really is.

That would be a fantastic fight. Hatton ploughing forward as Khan lands counter punches whilst desperately protecting his chin.

[quote=“tomthorne”]A one-off fight against Khan maybe? I think Khan would win, but he could also receive a very nasty shock. Everyone seems to think Hatton’s ego is getting the better of him, I’m not so sure. I think Hatton knows exactly how shot he really is.

That would be a fantastic fight. Hatton ploughing forward as Khan lands counter punches whilst desperately protecting his chin.[/quote]

If Hatton fights in his old ways and forget what Mayweather Senior showed him then I think Hatton will win by KO.

Khan will be terrified and intimidated so won’t fight to his best. Could be wrong though :thumbsup:

Allan Green will replace Taylor. He has one loss, but had a large portion of his bowel removed 3 days later, so his excuse that he was sick would seem legit lol His defeat was against Edison Miranda ( who is actually the fighter on the picture against Abraham at the beginning of this thread, not Wayne Elcock ). Green is also a very hard puncher, so a good addition. He will tell us a lot about Ward.

Kessler v Froch is a good bout. On a neutral venue i would say Froch stops him for sure. He has been slipping since the Calzaghe fight. Carls last 3 were against Pascal, Taylor and Dirrell so whilst he has not dominated it is ridiculous for people to expect him to. Show me another fighter who has fought such elite competition in their last 3 fights. In Denmark , we need a decent ref, but i think Carl will find a way. Kessler is not elusive and won’t run like Dirrell, he will try to fight at some point, Carl is extremely strong, and very big for the weight. I say Carl on points or in the 10th to 12th.

There is a lot of talk of Khan fighing Juan Manuel Marquez. Although the word from Australia is that Michael Katsidis will fight Marquez. Amir and Malignaggi have got into a slagging war. He can’t punch so … But i think Khan will fight Marquez or Katsidis soon ( unless Kevin Mitchell beats him to Katsidis ).

Haye will destroy Ruiz.

Kell Brook will be the next star of British boxing.

Ryan Rhodes will get a shot this year .

Andre Dirrell, who spent 12 rounds sprinting from Carl Froch in the first round of this tournament (Froch won the bout), won by DQ over Arthur Abraham last night at Joe Louis Arena in the Motor City.

The fight aired on Showtime. Because Showtime offered a “free pass” promotion this weekend, anybody with access to basic cable with a cable provider offering access to Showtime was able to see the fight for free.

Dirrell was ahead on all cards at the time of the DQ in the 11th. Dirrell had slipped to one knee, and Abraham hit him with a big sweeping uppercut/hook with his right hand. Boom, Dirrell swooned and was out for the count.

Early in the fight Abraham was badly cut over the corner of his right eye - the fight was stopped briefly so a doctor could look at it - and as usual started very slowly. Dirrell switched seamlessly back and forth from southpaw, and boxed very well. I’ve never boxed in a ring, but frankly I was not convinced that Dirrell was hurt by the foul. Abraham was way behind on points (his corner knew it), and the only way he could win was by KO. He was working on just that in the 11th. Indeed, at the time of the DQ it looked like Dirrell might be facing the very same outcome as Andre Ward (last second KO).

Dirrell boxed very well. As in many other American sporting events this spring, the audience was on the edge of our collective seats wondering if the favorite could overcome a woefully slow start (that’s the theme of this year’s NCAA basketball tournament, too; for Kansas, Syracuse, and Kentucky the answer was ‘nope’). Pretty disappointing. I wish this had gone 12. :thumbsdown:

The Cobra will win the tournament