Supplementing my income?

I’m sure this has been covered before, but i haven’t run across the thread…my apologies if this is a nuisance.

can you folks point me in the direction of a reputable source for side work? i would like to do some proofreading or perhaps some voice-over work…not looking to break the bank, just make a few extra bucks a month.

got any good leads?

Truly a good question. I also am thinking about some evenings or weekend teaching english or something. Already here working, but just have extra time to try something.

Today, was approached to be the “foreigner” in TV commercials. Maybe some opportunities there for foreigners and will pass it on once I get more info…

Is either of you a native British English speaker with a degree in English language/literature, who can help my Taiwanese friend, who is already fluent in English, get her degree from a London school by handing in five flawless essays? Mind you, the bar is rather high. But if you qualify, here’s your extra buck or two for at least a year.

Thanks, MO

Im making extra pocket money by selling crap on Ebay.

Its a bit of a hassle to get set up, but once you have it all running you can make some good $$

There is a good ebay thread on here - check it out if you are interested

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … bay#629308](Selling on Ebay

[quote=“onrust66”]Is either of you a native British English speaker with a degree in English language/literature, who can help my Taiwanese friend, who is already fluent in English, get her degree from a London school by handing in five flawless essays? Mind you, the bar is rather high. But if you qualify, here’s your extra buck or two for at least a year.

Thanks, MO[/quote]

Yes. Why is the bar high? That’s not particularly complex work for an English teacher. It’s much easier to teach writing to upper intermediate students than ‘conversation’ to elementary level students.

If it’s important, she might want to ask for someone with a teaching qualification rather than someone who has a qualification in reading books in their own language. :wink:

Has she posted on Taiwanted? Or myu.com.tw have some good people. Good luck

Why doesn’t the friend just buy an essay online? At least then she doesn’t need to be so “transparent” about what she really wants - a pre-written essay. Ai-yo. :unamused: I wish I had enough money to hire someone to write my grad school entrance essays for me. Oh no, wait. I don’t think I’d be willing to sell out my integrity even if I did have that kind of money. Some people, I guess. :unamused: So what is she planning to do for the interview? Have an earplug with a native speaker on the other end feeding her lines?

That would require far too much forethought. One shortcut at a time…