🇾đŸ‡Ș Sweden | Impressions of Sweden

Sweden doing good in football world cup

3 Likes

Sweden plays Japan later, who will win. World cup football ladies.

Sweden beats Japan and advances

Sweden seems to be the team to watch currently

Any update? How is the ball kicking going?

Sweden is out.
Spain to meet England in the Final

1 Like

All done, Spanish girls win

1 Like

Sweden lost WC. PNow has man basketball team added Denzel A. Is better but Finland is best in region, but men in Sweden are big and athletic and attractive

1 Like

But they won Eurovision which if you are savvy enough would know is the more important contest.

1 Like

Just wondering if you caught this point in the OP. We killed the Swedes at brÀnnboll.

• BrĂ€nnboll (pronounced BURN-ball).We learned this bat-and-ball game at the retreat. You throw ball up and hit it (that’s what you do in baseball when you don’t have anyone to play with). And you literally “round” bases instead of stepping on them, and instead of the ball and the runner jockeying for the same base, it goes to the “burner.” So how would you know who got there first if they’re two different locations? The burner yells “Burn!” I loved this game, mostly because I felt a triumphant sense of American pride when we absolutely dominated. In retrospect, it’s not surprising; two similar bat-and-ball games, one a major sport in the USA, another an amateur sport in Sweden.

Is it a bad time yo visit Sweden in winter? Too cold?

1 Like

I think it can be good time, as less people if you can adjust to the cold. I am fine with winter weather and I like it with less people. Lots of good food choices, lots nice seafood and nice Japanese too as well pan euro choices.

Lots of indoor markets
This in Stockholm, you can eat indoors while feeling can be street side eatery

Riga, public market in winter. Cold but everything is open

Aeroplanes and airports working, all set for the winter, with less people

Vilnius, not Sweden but near people out and about even in the cold

3 Likes

I’m noticing a correlation between advanced social welfare programs and terrible food.

1 Like

Well you may not like Euro foods, but I do. Also as Japanese , I can find good Japanese food in most major Eu cities.

1 Like

Euro foods is a broad category. I’m referring to northern Europe - Baltic states, Scandinavia all pretty uninspiring. Even though I’m insulting my ancestors with that statement!

You can find good Japanese food in most major cities anywhere in the Western world. I wouldn’t go to Sweden for Japanese food. I’d go there for other reasons.

1 Like

Who is we? Your team is attractive and athletic?

Yes, Euro Euro foods is a broad category! And agree traditional Northern Euro food is less interesting than Southern Euro Zones (You mentioned social welfare states, so I thought of France ha, and in general French food is good though I prefer foods from Italy). Back to Nordics, at least in bigger cities modernized cooking there is good (helps they can import many items or in case of Finland grow things indoors, and can pay to import good items). I do like fish and now days I find good seafood even in the Baltics too. the problem for Taiwanese would be the prices (Baltics except Estonia is cheaper) which would be quite high. To me Norway seems the most expensive and Latvia the cheapest, though that reflects income also. Conclusion to me, in most of the capital cities you can find what you want (well maybe not Taiwanese except milk tea) if you search a bit, and some good local foods

Try this,

It’s quite good with Vodka, lots of Vodka

1 Like

They had to split Americans up into two different teams because we were so good.

So how much did you eat and drink?