Swimming Caps in Pools

Not sure i want to swim in pools anymore.

health.msn.com/health-topics/dig … &GT1=31034

How quaint… So Mr Sandman, it’s not just the Swede’s in other words, you’re just as bad as the rest of us :smiley:

[quote=“Sleepyhead”]
I’ve never heard an explanation. Swim caps are mandatory in many countries across Asia, where I’ve lived or others have told me about it: Japan, Korea, the PRC, Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand (though not everywhere), and probably elsewhere.

The single dumbest thing I’ve every encountered at pools was in Korea: “mandatory rests” at outdoor pools in the summer. At least fifteen minutes of every hour, everyone has to get out of the pool, no choice about it. Nobody ever gave me an explanation as to why, not even a feeble and lousy one.

As for anyone bothered by Speedos…cripes. I’ll curb my tongue from saying anything stronger except to that I’d worry more about those who object to Speedos than those who wear them. I’m not in either group.[/quote]
Leave it to a bunch of ‘big noses’ in this thread (not Sleepyhead) to whine about a simple rule. EVERYONE going into a pool MUST wear a swim cap. What’s so hard to figure out? To those with shaved heads, when does “hair” start? 1mm in length? 2mm? 3.25mm? Since no one wants to measure everyone’s head hair to determine if they do or do not have hair, then everyone wears a cap. True equality. Don’t like it? Don’t go to the pool.

(If you expect an answer to a “Why?” question, you’re not really suited to long-term life in Taiwan…And further bad news: living here you may encounter a paradox or two.)

Of course when some hot springs place next to a river (no drains) told me to wear a cap, I objected. But then they found an extra cap somewhere and I put it on. Amazingly, it did not alter my charming personality nor diminish my superior Western intelligence :blah: . Whoda thunk it?

At the community pool where my parents live, somewhere in the eastern USA, they kick the kids out of the pool for 15 minutes every hour and leave the pool for adults only. Never heard any adult ask “Why?”

“Board shorts” proper translation is “boat anchor”. Try swimming 2,000 meters in those. They are meant for (surprise!) standing on surf BOARDS, and they are suitable for heavy surf. To those who prefer to wear them at swimming pools: I bet the extra 11 pounds (5kg) of wet canvas hanging on your body really chills you down on these Taiwan summer days.

As one poster mentioned, there are probably about six males in the world who look good in a thong in public. Unfortunately, there are about 600,000 males who think they are one of the six.

We were just talking about that guy.

Nice tone, sweetcheeks. Don’t tell us - you’re a dancer, not a lover.

That’s my ploy. Can’t stand the places. Can’t stand the stupid little Hitlers they hire to work there, far less lower myself to their mouthbreather status by arguing with them over their nonsensical rules – everyone MUST wear a hat! Everyone MUST have their genitals clearly delineated for public view! Can’t stand the smell, can’t stand being around so many ugly people in even uglier attire, can’t stand the dirt. Can’t stand the dweebs drying their ball hairs with the hairdryer and flossing their arse-cracks, etc.
Public swimming pools are simply extremely unpleasant places to be.

So that’s why you prefer Bitan then? Last time I was there the water didn’t look all too clean though… :wink:

Doc McCoy and I were frolicking in the Lotus Hill Pool yesterday without hats, and nobody said anything to us. Probably the rays of the sun bouncing off of our bald heads kept them at bay. Anyway, a small victory for common sense. :slight_smile:

What a FANTASTIC image!

So that’s why you prefer Bitan then? Last time I was there the water didn’t look all too clean though… :wink:[/quote]
Muzha Man’s Hsinchu scientist friends have tested that water, young man, and its actually very clean – certainly clean enough for swimming. It gets brown and muddy in heavy rain, of course, but today, for example, its a shimmering pellucid sparkling green that makes it VERY difficult to walk past on the way into work in the rancid arse-crack of Taipei!

I also hate wearing a swim cap and the stupid goggles because it makes me look like a koala bear.

However, I do it only because the swimming coach (yes, he’s a coach not a half-arsed life guard) at the pool I frequent is a great guy. He coaches for a living (from kids to adults) and regularly competes in biathlons/triathlons. That and because he a big muscled fucker.

What a load of bullshit! I’ve lived here for more than 20 years. Maoman’s lived here almost as long. So have many others here who also don’t subscribe to your “bend over and take it or fuck off” school of thought. Don’t you presume to be telling ME what I’m “suited” to, thank you.

Try getting an answer to a ‘why’ question from the English (my home cuntry). Doesn’t mean I should roll over, get a lobotomy and stop asking.

Well, be fair, Buttercup, you DO get an answer in the UK – “Oo-er cor blimey strike a light missus, it’s more’n me job’s worth innit?”
Some people, though, are sufficiently braindead that this is a perfectly acceptable answer. Others (quite rightly) take umbrage.

You should hear my sister on the phone. She’s like me, only not soft. It’s beautiful, really beautiful.

Back on topic, though. I’m still stunned by the Swedish turd particles. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

yep, think the lost swede sucessfully counteracted over 30 years of blue-movie propaganda with the sweedish turd story - is there gonna be a revote on the best blue movies of all time now that noone can look at a blonde haired swede without thinking of faecal matter now?

Ha! Like there’s not a market for that.

Didn’t anyone read the other link?
Damnit!

It’s now legal for women to go topless in to public pools in at least parts of southern Sweden…
Time to go back and click that link :smiley:

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Didn’t anyone read the other link?
Damnit!

It’s now legal for women to go topless in to public pools in at least parts of southern Sweden…
Time to go back and click that link :smiley:[/quote]

But they’re covered in shit!

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Didn’t anyone read the other link?
Damnit!

[color=#FF0000]It’s now legal for women to go topless in to public pools in at least parts of southern Sweden…[/color]
Time to go back and click that link :smiley:[/quote]
Which is only fair, seeing as men get to go topless at pools and the beach. Equality for all, I say!