Swimming in Jiayi?

Is there a public swimming pool in Jiayi?

Also. Does anyone know about the cleanliness of Lan Tan?

I wouldn’t mind swimming there but i’m not sure if it is safe.

I don’t think swimming is allowed in Lantan. Even if it is allowed, it is horribly dirty.

I thought it might be. What is the source of Lan Tan and what is in the water do ya think?

I thought it might be. What is the source of Lan Tan and what is in the water do ya think?[/quote]

I try not to think about it! :laughing: I remember that Lantan was a man-made lake. I saw a public pool the other day. It was on NanJing Road. I’ve never been there so I can’t tell you the cost, etc. Hope this helps.

There’s a pool near the Calgary, I think it’s on Guo Hua, north of the railway tracks. It shouldn’t be to hard to find, it has a sign with a dolphin on it. There is also a pool off Wufeng, between Mintzu and Chuiyang. It’s a little more difficult to find as it’s not actually on Wufeng. There’s a lane that runs off Wufeng, the pool is up the lane.

My buddy here says it’s called The Wufeng Swimming Pool (not very original). It’s on the east side of Wufeng N. Road, opposite Kangle St.

Thanks guys.

what about some reviews / comparisons etc… I assume they’re both 8 lane 25m… clean? heated? $$ ?

I’ve never been in either. Some of my friends have been to the one near the Calgary, they quite liked it.

This has just jogged my memory, there is another pool at the top of Linsen. Follow Linsen to the top of the hill. When the road curves to the left, you will see another smaller road branching off to the right. It goes up past a couple of pineapple farms. Follow it. It will soon curve to the right, but there’ll be a lane branching off right in front of you. Go straight up the lane and you will see the pool complex on your left.

I have been to this one. I quite liked it. There are three swimming pools and a wading pool. Two pools are inside, one is outside. There are water slides as well.

Just remember to wear a swim cap. Some of the locals are prone to freak out if you swim without.

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]

Just remember to wear a swim cap. Some of the locals are prone to freak out if you swim without.[/quote]

That reminds me of a somewhat funny story.

I was in the swimming pool in the Chateau hotel in Kenting. I had just freshly shaved my head on the #3 setting of my clippers. VERY short. I was in the pool and I wasn’t wearing a swim cap cause I didn’t think I needed one.

The lifeguard came up to me and demanded that I put one on. I said to him “But I basically have no hair”. He still insisted that I wear one. :loco:

Pretty silly if you ask me.