Swimming teacher/tutor in Taipei

Where can I find a swimming teacher/tutor in Taipei?

Requirements would be to teach a teenager how to breath properly. Because of the lack of this skill it is not possible to swim in deep waters since the need to stop to to put feet down when tired. Swimming 25m and even 50m without stopping is ok, the breathing between strokes is fine, but no skill on how to stay still in water without sinking, so swimming in a deep pool or in the sea is out of question now without a life jacket. The main goal is to learn the necessary in order to not need the life vest.

Lessons could be either in English or Chinese, but key points should be explained in Chinese if possible.

I would prefer a foreigner with some Chinese language abilities to teach this because I don’t want the commitment to compromise and take classes in a course with a Taiwanese company that forces you to take n classes in a specific routine time per week since the schedule is pretty tight with school lately.

We are not looking into becoming a professional swimmer or anything like that. Just basic swimming skill that is so lacking here with the lack of outdoor activity. You know when you jump off a boat or jump in a river, lake and just enjoy the water ? That’s what we are looking for :joy:. Right now school gives swimming classes and teaches swimming styles (butterfly, back etc etc) but, to me, it doesn’t make sense if you cannot be in deep waters to do that. If you didn’t learn to stand still it is the same as not being able to swim since you will always need a life jacket when taking that trip in Greece, renting that boat in the Philippines :joy:

I hope my post is clear

1 Like

I would recommend private lessons at whatever district pool you’re closest to. You will have some flexibility on times and dates. It should be 10,000 nt for 10 lessons (maybe 11 as some throw in an extra one).

The best instructor I know is based in Keelung. If that’s not a problem, then please send me a pm. Very patient and an extremely good swimmer himself (trust me, not all swimming instructors in Taipei know how to swim well themselves).

Most pools don’t allow outside instructors.

1 Like

@marasan

Thank you. I sent you a PM

1 Like

I don’t know if you got my Pm because I can’t find it in my messages . Bug maybe?

1 Like

Let me ask if he’s still teaching. I’ll pm you soon.

Didn’t get your pm.

1 Like

There’s no way for me to send you a pm. It says your profile is hidden and no action is permitted.

1 Like

Thank you.

I just edited my profile. I sent you a message again. I hope this one goes through :blush:

1 Like