Taichung Student-Centered Schools in Chinese or Bilingual

Hello!

Does anyone have recommendations for alternative schools in Taichung with a student-centered approach to learning for elementary and junior high age students? We are moving to Taichung to live for 6 months, July through December 2023. Our children will be in 5th and 7th grades and are bilingual in Chinese and English.

Here are examples of schools that I found in Taipei with this style of learning:

Are there any schools like this in Taichung?

Thank you!

I’ll just say that if you run into Harmony Montessori School, turn around and run away :joy:. Those kids are terrible and the person in charge of making it Montessori insists that Montessori shouldn’t be applied to other peoples kids. The teachers are well-meaning, but I was glad to have only been in that building for a few hours…

What do you mean?

She said that you can experiment with montessori on your own children but that it’s not ok to do so with other peoples children. So they don’t do montessori there. It’s first graders in one group for one subject and second graders in another group for another subject and required work that everyone has to do as follow ups. Quite literally a traditional school minus the assigned seats and plus some very expensive wooden education materials on shelves (that don’t really get touched)

1 Like

you may find lists of registered alternative schools in Taichung here.

Taichung Experimental Education Center

1 Like