TaiMall basement sports place

Today, for Adventure Tuesday, we all drove to Tai-Mall in Taoyuan.

The basement has a mini-golf course (nothing to write home about, but fun nonetheless). There are a bunch of those basketball games boxes, where the little ones can stand in the front and shoot some hoops.

We also tried out the baseball area: throwing at lighted targets and batting cages, softball and baseball.

We tried the throwing cages, and it’s like the Japanese TV show where the guy has to knock out all the numbers. You get eight balls, and if you knock out 5 numbers, then you get 3 more balls. It is supposed to keep rewarding you…but, uhm, we wouldn’t know. :blush:

Next we tried the softball batting cages and not bad. You get twenty balls. It was slow enough for my 6 year old son to hit some, so…well, there it is.

I tried the baseball cage and I uhm, struck out 7 times. Well, nearly 7. You also get 20 balls here at an average of 110KPH. WAY out of my league.

For the bigger kids, there is also badmitton, basketball, skateboarding, wall climbing, and rollerblading.

If you need more information about prices (it’s cheaper with a membership) let me know.

jdsport

It’s cool down there. There is a pretty decent climbing wall too.

…oh and Taoyuan’s only SUBWAY…YAY!!

B2 and the 7th floor (cinema) are pretty good at Taimall…it’s the floors in between that need work :s

[quote=“Truant”]It’s cool down there. There is a pretty decent climbing wall too.

B2 and the 7th floor (cinema) are pretty good at Taimall…it’s the floors in between that need work :s[/quote]

How’s your badmitton?

Jdspouse and I used to play doubles in Taichung B.C. (before child).

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Truant”]It’s cool down there. There is a pretty decent climbing wall too.

B2 and the 7th floor (cinema) are pretty good at Taimall…it’s the floors in between that need work :s[/quote]

How’s your badmitton?

Jdspouse and I used to play doubles in Taichung B.C. (before child).[/quote]
mmm, wrist action sport. Should be OK.

Last time I played was in the airforce (cue Top Gun soundtrack), so I am probably a bit lusty.

What the…? I’m in the PARENTING forum. How the hell did THAT happen?

Sounds great JD, I’ll be getting the kids out there soon. And, erm…should you need help learning to through a baseball and swing a bat give me a ring… :laughing:

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”]Sounds great JD, I’ll be getting the kids out there soon. And, erm…should you need help learning to through a baseball and swing a bat give me a ring… :laughing:

Chou[/quote]

Hey, bud, my “throughing” :wink: wasn’t so bad, but we were playing three people to one machine and taking turns. I’ll be right behind you when you are your kids are giving it a go. :smiling_imp:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER! :wink:

The batting cage was different. Hand eye coordination was ok in the loopy softball cage, but yes, my timing is WAY off for 50MPH pitches. :blush:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“chodofu”]Sounds great JD, I’ll be getting the kids out there soon. And, erm…should you need help learning to through a baseball and swing a bat give me a ring… :laughing:

Chou[/quote]

Hey, bud, my “throughing” :wink: wasn’t so bad, but we were playing three people to one machine and taking turns. I’ll be right behind you when you are your kids are giving it a go. :smiling_imp:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER! :wink:

The batting cage was different. Hand eye coordination was ok in the loopy softball cage, but yes, my timing is WAY off for 50MPH pitches. :blush:[/quote]

:blush: throw. :00ps I hate it when I do that.

Is that place jam-packed during weekends, and will it be open during Chinese New Year?

[quote=“jdsmith”]
How’s your badmitton?

Jdspouse and I used to play doubles in Taichung B.C. (before child).[/quote]

When I first arrived in Taiwan in 1985, we used to refer to this “sport” as “Taiwanese foreplay”.

Well, maybe its foreplay in NZ, too. :wink: