🌆 Taipei City - Places to Visit

Circumstances have me going to Sky Dragon City next weekend, this time without a traveling companion. Looks like the rain will keep me inside. What is your 2-day Taipei itinerary when the weather is wet?

Not sure where I’m staying until my Monday morning meeting is finalized, looking to arrive early Friday evening.

I have been nowhere indoors in Taipei, except the top of 101. Currently I’m leaning towards whatever museum the jade cabbage is in on Saturday, and shopping for hiking boots on Sunday…

2 Likes

Go to Wisteria House Tea House, close to DaA park. Really cool place with a lot of history. Political dissidents met there from the Dangwai movement to discuss democracy and that kind of thing Wistaria Tea House - Wikipedia

6 Likes

The Museum of Contemporary Art Taipei is very cool I think, but depends a bit on the topic of the temporary exhibition(s). I also liked the Taipei Fine Arts Museum, and the cabbage museum (aka. National Palace Museum).

6 Likes

I figured it would have a more impressive name :joy:

1 Like

“Museum with that Jade Cabbage in it and Stuff"

8 Likes

That’s the google search i was gonna do on Saturday morning, and then I thought why not make a thread and tap into some of the friendly expertise here?

2 Likes

Don’t miss the erotic etchings.

3 Likes

Thats in the cabbage museum?

3 Likes

Yeah, just ask at the front desk. They’ll steer you there

2 Likes

Lol, i dont know those words in Mandarin. Will gestures suffice, or will they direct me to Wanhua?

4 Likes

Very likely :wink: You are going to Wanhua, right?

2 Likes

Do they have hiking boots?

Some of the women have boots.

I used to know a good discount place (I got my Timberlands there) but I’m not sure if it’s survived.

4 Likes

If i only choose 1 tea house visit, i think wisteria this time

1 Like

Discounts, choices, and sizes, if anyone knows places

Uh, for boots, not the other thing

2 Likes

It’s at No. 71 Bo’ai Rd (near main station/Ximen.) Judging by a promotional ad I see, it should still be there. It’s a little hit and miss, but if you see something you like it beats full price.

1 Like

There are several places. I’d recommend to check out the shops in chungshan street too.

Driving a TT…?

For hiking boots, outdoors stores there?

1 Like

Looks like a lot of rain, and Monday is a work thing so i can get a free train ticket, and i have to be back in Khaosiung for classes on Tuesday. This trip is HSR, riding some other time…