Taipei: coworking spaces or quiet bars that open late

Hi,

I’m working online, usually starting around 6/7 pm until 11 pm/12am, sometimes later. I’m looking for some bars/cheap co-working spaces in Taipei that open late, mainly downtown, I’m in 中正 (ZhongZheng), but anywhere that’s not too far that I can ride an ubike to is fine.

I just need an outlet, I have my own 3g internet connection and need only my laptop. I managed to find some bars that stay open until 10pm, but they are quite big and full of cheerful students, which is nice, but gets sometimes a bit too loud.

Working at home is not an option, as I’m staying in a hostel and sometimes it gets louder than the cheerful students in the bars. I’m fine with the hostel, don’t want to find my own place, just looking for a somewhat quite, not too expensive place to work.

Any suggestion?

I saw this post:

but most of the places linked close even before I start working,

There are internet cafes (which are pretty quiet). They have comic books and magazines, drinks, and you can order food too. Some are open 24 hours. The one I go to is near Guting MRT station, near the Starbucks. E書漫時尚閱讀概念館 or E-Shuman.

Cheers.

PS. I like your name, a baby niece of mine was named “Aless”

For the record, here is the one by Guting MRT Station:
e書漫 羅斯福店

There is another internet cafe near Taipei Main Station but can’t vouch for it as I haven’t been there.

Qtime 站前店

Hey, thanks! I had thought about internet cafes, but my memories of those places, back in the years when wifi and 3g were yet to come, are of huge rooms full of people smoking and eating instant noodles while playing videgames. I haven’t been to an internet cafe in years, I’ll check them out, QTime is just a few blocks away from where I am, but i’ll check also the Guting one.

Haha, as for my name, many years ago when I fitst went to live abroad, I realized none of my friends would call me by my full name, which is Alessandro, the short one would be Ale, but they couldn’t pronounce it the right way, they would instead call me ales, which I thought it was nice, so I just added one more -s, and there it is my shortened name for as long as I can remember :slight_smile:

The only distraction might be the door just beside is for all you can drink dance club that stays open most of the night until a.m.

You are within Youbike distance to heaps and heaps of cafes that cater towards students (wifi & some seats with power) that are open quite late, heading towards Guting & Daan directions.

However, you should contact the cafes first and ask about powerpoints if you require them (Facebook or phone call).

Some examples below:

1 Like

Thanks for the links Liub, I had no idea there were cafes open that late in Guting. I’ll check them out, so many places, so little time…

Plenty more if you look on Google Maps! Good luck.

Did you ever live in Chengdu, Sichuan and attend SiChuan Daxue?

Qtime internet cafe chain, has anyone been inside one? Seems like they have more than just internet maybe books and couches and private rooms to sit and relax?