Taipei Graffiti "exile"?

Pretty much since I came here over a year ago, I have constantly seen “exile” graffitied (wow that is a weird word to spell out) all over Taipei. Anyone know any background to this? A person or a group? If it is just one person, seems pretty impressive, but I get the feeling it is a group. It seems to be written just about everywhere in Taipei, especially on garage doors.

6 Likes

The writing style looks American. Maybe some disgruntled ABT who’s stuck in Taiwan?

4 Likes

Some one picked the word up from the internet and doesn’t even know what it means.

5 Likes

How did they get that on there without anyone noticing?

3 Likes

Come on. An artist could do that in less than a minute at 2 a.m. Banksy does much more elaborate stuff and he’s never been busted.

2 Likes

I’m no expert about this. It looks like the Mister Men to me. Or possibly Garfield.

Every time I pass by one like this I think the same thing. Really in awe of how much skill, and well balls this has to take. Jesus, I am risk averse

Ha, entertaining theory. I did notice the bubble letter style really does remind me of US graffiti…seriously though if it is just one person, it must be their full time job. I have seen this tag - with a wide range of size and complexity - from Datong to Nangang

2 Likes

Another day, another set of tags I see. :exploding_head:

Anyone else see these too? Bonus in 1st pic, vaccine-face guy above “love me”, seen that one a lot too.

2 Likes

One of my pet peeves, ugly graffiti. :rage:

3 Likes

You’d think the tagger would’ve been caught by now with all the security cameras. Maybe he’s particularly well connected? :thinking:

2 Likes

I am going to flaunt my ignorance here and tell you I have no idea who that is… :rofl:

Background pls

1 Like

Andrew Chiang, great grandson of Cash My Check. Threatened to bomb Taipei American School

5 Likes

Ah, gotcha. I see the crazy eyes now. That Cash My Check guy is just so controversial am I right. I will add him to my list of potential suspects :mag_right:

That’s the type of graffiti I don’t get and don’t appreciate. Just lazy scribbling. No artistic sense or any deep meaning.

6 Likes

How can you say it has no deep meaning? It says, “I’m alive, I exist.” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fresh one (not exile)- like they left the ladder and spray cans, and the police were there fresh - outside a Xinyi Anhe MRT exit. Bold to do it at such a busy time, damn.

2 Likes

The photo I posted is like 100 meters from Xinyi-Anhe as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The bunny actually looks decent

Right?? The bitcoin chain was a nice touch. The strange plastic covering over one ear looks a bit…suspicious. I wonder if they got caught - with the ladder and all the spray paint still being there.

Let’s collect some of these, just for fun.

On Keelung Road

2 Likes