Taipei Hiking Club Events II

About the sticky thread, I would think that the link at the beginning of this thread would be enough to keep the other thread from being lost completely. Of course, the old thread might not get as many views if it’s not sticky, which may be what you’re getting at.

I was also toying with the idea of a chat thread and an event planning thread, but didn’t recommend it because it would be very difficult to implement. Just look at how many posts there were for the last hike to Pingxi. Most of those posts were important posts regarding how everybody was going to get to Pingxi, and when to meet. Would that be considered chat or hiking facts? Exactly whose posts are considered “high quality” enough to go into the facts thread, while banishing everybody else’s posts to the chat thread? Questions like this are going to have to be addressed if separate threads are going to work well.

Okay, I’ll stop blabbering now. :blush:

Okay, we need to start a new thread dedicated to times, places, schedules of actual hikes. Misc. chat should go in the Revenge thread. Pics are okay here as are comments after the hike. However, after hike details have been made, try to keep the posts down to just confirmation and relevant questions.

Mod, can you sticky this and unsticky the original. We can provide a link here so it won’t get lost and people can go back and check out pics and comments.

Original hike thread:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=30915

ALMOST doesn’t count. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tip: have two browser windows with the same thread open at the same time. Use one to type reply and just before you send, refresh the thread in the other window, to see if anyone’s replied already.

I like your bla, bla … bla’s. Funny and practical. You mind if I use them? Not now of course. I mean after you’ve patented them. I just want them for the practicality of it, I’d leave the funny part to you :slight_smile:

[quote=“tash”]bla bla bla bla blaaaa…
… bla bla bla… bla bla…

bla bla bla bla bla bla…

You mind if I use them? [/quote]

Of course I don’t mind, lol. Glad someone appreciates them. :wink:

At least somebody likes your blabla… :slight_smile:

(hope 914 won’t see it tho)
:slight_smile:

[quote=“Balazs”]At least somebody likes your blabla… :slight_smile:

(hope 914 won’t see it tho)
:slight_smile:[/quote]

If 914 asks me to stop, I will stop. I’m not going up against that big scarey guy, that’s for sure. :astonished:

I can understand you. Rather the killer mist…

Alright. Shet.

The bad news.

Because that thread got so long (my fault) and is full of pics, it will not split because I am getting a server side time out before the mod control panel shows up.

I will drop Gus a note and see if there is any way we can chop it up into say 4 threads so I can work with it, otherwise, it might have to stay just the way it is.

As a last resort option, if there is info in there that you want to collect together, you could quote the relevant posts and put them all in a new thread, but that is messy.

Will let you know. :fume: :blush:

I did the exact blahblahblah once. It was a long time ago. As long as you yada yada yada someone you know otherwise you might upset some posters.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]Okay, we need to start a new thread dedicated to times, places, schedules of actual hikes. Misc. chat should go in the Revenge thread. Pics are okay here as are comments after the hike. However, after hike details have been made, try to keep the posts down to just confirmation and relevant questions.

Mod, can you sticky this and unsticky the original. We can provide a link here so it won’t get lost and people can go back and check out pics and comments.

Original hike thread:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=30915[/quote]
I’d even say let’s keep this thread cleaner still – plans, and questions and comments about the plans. All of that oh so important banter works nicely in the “chat” thread. Good idea, Balazs.

Just my 2 cents.

[color=blue]Didn’t want this to get lost in the old thread. Only one comment on it so far. So, what do you think?[/color]

[quote=“seeker4”]

NOTE: This a proposal for the weekend of October 1-2, 2005.

During that weekend, there is a kite festival at Baishawan (beach) not far from Taipei along the northern coast. It sounds very nice. I

[quote=“Truant”]Alright. Shet.

The bad news.

Because that thread got so long (my fault) and is full of pics, it will not split because I am getting a server side time out before the mod control panel shows up.

I will drop Gus a note and see if there is any way we can chop it up into say 4 threads so I can work with it, otherwise, it might have to stay just the way it is.

As a last resort option, if there is info in there that you want to collect together, you could quote the relevant posts and put them all in a new thread, but that is messy.

Will let you know. :fume: :blush:[/quote]
Truant,

It’s a good possibility that I’m missing the subtleties, but what’s wrong with leaving the old thread alone as is, locked, 40 pages long, pictures and all posts intact? Is there really some time limit on its existance? Why does it need to be a sticky (other than someone asked you)?

My vote is the easiest route – do nothing about it. Would that cause problems somehow?

Seeker4

Although it was my idea ot keep it sticky and split the contents and stuff, I agree that if it’s too complicated let’s leave the old thread as it is.

It more than suits me to leave it. I just thought you guys wanted a clean archive of the various hikes. Leaving it may be the only option anyway. :s

It doesn’t need to be a sticky as we can put links to it where ever we need them (even in a sig if you want). There is no time limit or size limit on it’s life so there is no need to worry that it will disappear.
If anyone feels the need to bring thru relevant hike info, it’s easy enough to quote it in the new thread. Pictures etc can be re-linked to in the new thread (right click>copy image location. then paste it in the new thread)

Let’s leave it as it is for now and see how it goes, but in saying that, my apologies that we ran out of options cos the thread got too long. :blush:

Seeker4, that Baishawan hike/beach/kite festival idea sounds great! I’m game.

[quote=“Truant”]It more than suits me to leave it. I just thought you guys wanted a clean archive of the various hikes. Leaving it may be the only option anyway. :s

It doesn’t need to be a sticky as we can put links to it where ever we need them (even in a sig if you want). There is no time limit or size limit on it’s life so there is no need to worry that it will disappear.
If anyone feels the need to bring through relevant hike info, it’s easy enough to quote it in the new thread. Pictures etc can be re-linked to in the new thread (right click>copy image location. then paste it in the new thread)

Let’s leave it as it is for now and see how it goes, but in saying that, my apologies that we ran out of options cos the thread got too long. :blush:[/quote]

Hey Truant, I certainly wouldn’t want to have to moderate on our thread.
It’s absolutely no problem if you leave that old thread as is.

Gesundheit!

Fel fog robbani a fejem!

:bravo:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A few of my collegues and I are going to climb Jade Mountain 玉山 on the weekend of November 11th-13th. Some of the details are listed below. Please PM me or post here if you’re interested.

Unfortunately, we have to give a headcount 35 days before the trip, and there is still no guarantee that we will get a bed in the Paiyun lodge 排雲山莊 until they draw lots to see who gets the beds. Apparently Jade Mountain has become popular on the weekends, so there’s no guarantee of getting a bed. I’m not yet entirely sure about all of the finer details about that, but the Chinese language website below might have a more information if you are interested. It also has the company’s phone number at the top right of the page.

My collegues and I hope to have a preliminary headcount by Tuesday, so please let me know before then if you’re intersted.

The price per person is $4,150. We plan to leave Friday night (November 11th) at 6:30pm from Guting MRT station. We will come back on Sunday night (November 13th) at 9pm.

The website address is: www.yushan3952.idv.tw

It should be a good time. I’m hoping to find out more info soon, but please indicate any interest that you have in the meantime. Also, feel free to move this post to another thread if you feel it necessary.

[Edit: It’s now too late to add more people, but the website shows a lot of other times that you can go hiking at Jade Mountain. It’s all in Chinese, but not too difficult to navigate through if you know basic Chinese.]