Taipei Hiking Club Events II

[b]Mod note: This is the continuation thread from here

Cheers,
Truant[/b]

I missed the memo. You’re in Events now. :bravo:

Hey, hey, hey!

This is lazy moderating! You’ve got to copy all the useful stuff into here first!

We can’t keep going back to Part I to see when’s the hike and which sock to take with us.

well it’s like this.

eye canny canny dooo so much whyle em ut werk.

Invalid Sessions, and I don’t mean encounters with senior citizens.

Do you guys think we could split the thread into a chat one and another one focusing strictly on the next hike? Or else the second one could be just an announcement thread where we (Mucha_Man, I mean :wink:) would post details of the next hike (meeting time and location, what to bring, where are we going, how difficult etc.).

I’ve heard had some rather valid criticism from people who would be interested in a hike every now and then but don’t read on a daily basis and/or don’t want to read back ten pages to find out about the actual hike coming up.

Thoughts?

good idea. A hike chat thread.

Sounds simple but it requires that we consistently post all important information on the “next hike” thread. If there’s no objection, let’s do it.

One more thing: Is it possible to keep a locked thread sticky? Otherwise 40 pages of precious wisdom would sooner or later disappear in the killer mist of unused threads…

Sounds like a good idea.

OK. Will sticky it for the time being.

What I will do when I clean this up is see what’s what and we might be able to prune the original back enough to keep it alive for the actual event info only, and all the chat can come over here.
Sound OK?

[quote=“Truant”]Bla bla blaaaa… bla bla bla bla bla… bla bla bla…
… bla…bla bla…
bla bla bla bla bla…bla
Sound OK?[/quote]

Sounds OK to me! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Truant”]What I will do when I clean this up is see what’s what and we might be able to prune the original back enough to keep it alive for the actual event info only, and all the chat can come over here.
Sound OK?[/quote]

Sound very OK. Gonna be a big job. My appreciation.

[quote=“Balazs”][quote=“Truant”]What I will do when I clean this up is see what’s what and we might be able to prune the original back enough to keep it alive for the actual event info only, and all the chat can come over here.
Sound OK?[/quote]

Sound very OK. Gonna be a big job. My appreciation.[/quote]
well, no plomises, but I think it is good idea to keep the two apart(events & chat). It’s really up to you guys how successful that idea will be tho :wink:

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Truant”]Bla bla blaaaa… bla bla bla bla bla… bla bla bla…
… bla…bla bla…
bla bla bla bla bla…bla
Sound OK?[/quote]
[/quote]

irishstu working hard to become popular… :laughing:

Hey man, it takes more time to type all that than press the quote button! :stuck_out_tongue:

I take my humour very seriously…

oh, you mean you have one?! :stuck_out_tongue:

oh, you mean you have one?! :p[/quote]

Well I didn’t say whether it was good humour or bad humour :wink:

This thread seems to work extremely well. We’re already on the second page and not a tiny bit of useful information has been posted. We’re all doing a very good job here :slight_smile:

So I take it this is the chatty thread, not the useful info thread, yeah?

For not having joined a hike YET, we non-hikers seem to have quite a bit of opinions.

Hehe. I was about to type the same thing.

Let’s wait till Truant has sorted it all out and then tell him we want THIS one to be the useful information thread, shall we? I’ve heard he doesn’t do much work anyway :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: