Taipei - Hotels | Nice resort near Taipei for the weekend

I want to take Mrs Moe and little Moe to a nice resort for a long weekend. It would need to have a good kiddies pool or at least a good playground area. I’m considering Howard plaza at Green bay but their beach is terrible so I’m willing to forget the beach if it’s got nice grounds with the kiddie stuff. My mrs is due our second little moe pretty soon so an hours drive from Taipei would be about as much as she could handle in the car! Does anyone have any ideas? All my google searches and tripadvisor searches just keep coming up with business hotels and hot spring places which aren’t very kiddie friendly. Any help would be most appreciated.

The Howard at Green Bay is fine, but the rooms and inside bits seem to be getting a bit run down. That said, they do have a good sized outdoor pool with slides and stuff for the kids, iirc. They also had a game room with everything from ping pong to bowling (2 or 3 lanes), as I recall. They also do a buffet dinner outside that has entertainment; it ain’t Vegas, but the kids might get a kick out of it. For the summer, I’d say it’s the most likely choice.

When were you last there k?

What about the resort at Fulong?

If 45 mins drive is acceptable, I-lan may be another good destination for a long weekend!

Yep! Yilan’s Toy Festival (宜蘭童玩節) has just started. PLENTY of water and kiddie stuff! But might be a little crowded in recent weeks though.

We just took our two kids to the Howard at Green Bay two weeks ago and it was terrible. They were nice and the rooms and food were adequate but the beach was terrible and the rules to use the pool were ridiculous. They wanted us to wear a hospital-like bracelet the entire time we were there in order to use the pool, it closed at 5pm, etc. The kiddie facilities were indoor and of the arcade variety. That wasn’t good. There was an outdoor playground down the beach but a few homeless people were living there. My kids thought it was creepy.

If anyone has any better recommendations, I’d also like to know.

About four years ago. Seems like it’s gone downhill, according to ff…pity.

One thing to keep in mind is that we went during the “off season” if mid-June can somehow be considered off season. :unamused:

Their official explanation was that the beach was being improved. They were also in the process of completing a big beachside expansion which might be nice when it’s actually done and they drive the homeless off.

After the beach fiasco the whole pool thing really wrecked it for us. Even my normally gentle wife flipped out and gave the management an earful.

There is another resort just up the beach next to a hot springs hotel and that resort had better looking facilities for kids. Don’t remember the name though.

sanxia, 40 mins’ drive:
http://www.dabangan.com.tw/

If you are really looking for a “resort” style for a real getaway feeling, and 40 minutes drive from 101, Hotel Royal Chiao Hsi is fairly amazing. Zen japanese design.

Multiple outdoor pools for kids and adults, indoor play area for a variety of ages of kids including small plastic slides, pool tables, ping pong table, kids activities throughout the day, etc. Evening performance in the lobby, massage and spa, bike rides, etc. available also. More than I can recall. Prices are resort-like i.e. >10,000/night.

Or a train ride to Hualien gives you the Park City Hotel, with separate pool building for kids to play.

http://www.hrjhotel.com.tw/en/main.htm

[quote=“tango42”]If you are really looking for a “resort” style for a real getaway feeling, and 40 minutes drive from 101, Hotel Royal Chiao Hsi is fairly amazing. Zen japanese design.

Multiple outdoor pools for kids and adults, indoor play area for a variety of ages of kids including small plastic slides, pool tables, ping pong table, kids activities throughout the day, etc. Evening performance in the lobby, massage and spa, bike rides, etc. available also. More than I can recall. Prices are resort-like i.e. >10,000/night.

Or a train ride to Hualian gives you the Park City Hotel, with separate pool building for kids to play.

http://www.hrjhotel.com.tw/en/main.htm[/quote]

That place rocks! It’s in the middle of nowhere IMO but the rooms were great and the food was wonderful. The wide variety of swimming pools was really nice. Even the kids play area looked like they had actually put some thought into it.

Highly recommended. :thumbsup:

Anyone know this place.

rslhotel.com/english/index.asp

Sent from iPad

[quote=“tango42”]Anyone know this place.

rslhotel.com/english/index.asp

Sent from iPad[/quote]

In Su’ao. I checked it out in the spring. Very nice place inside and good staff but typical small town Taiwan eyesores outside.

I’d say as soon as you drove out of the premises whatever relaxation you had enjoyed inside would be gone. :s

Thanks Mucha Man.

Seems there is a festival or something happening in Ilan area so many places already booked. I picked up the last room at this place in Suao.

Hope it is as nice inside as the pictures appear… maybe will try to ignore the outside…

I’m looking for a resort recommendation in Northern Taiwan that wouldn’t be expensive.
Many of the suggestions above are closed or their websites don’t work.

Suggestions?

1 Like

Prices went crazy the past year, nothing under 6000 or 7000 a night for a family room… pre covid same rooms were 3000 to 4000.
in any case, if you want resort, the Westin Tashee resort is very nice, but prices went sky high.
big roots is also nice, but a little dated.
i would just search agoda and compare prices.

1 Like

Yes, I though about Westin, but the prices are prohibitive!
No way I can bring my family of five for the weekend there… :crying_cat_face:

im in the same boat… everything is crazy expensive now. will probably be cheaper to get a “regular hotel” and just drive to the beach.

1 Like