Taipei motorcycle gear shopping

Hello,

I am an American living in Tokyo who will be visiting Taipei next week for work (let me know if you are interested in attending a blog conference in Taipei on April 15.)

If I have time, I want to check out any Taipei motorcycle stores, specifically ones that might carry high-quality apparel or equipment- jackets, gloves, etc. Can anyone give me advice on where to go?

I am seeing that most of the motorcycles in Taiwan are small- i.e. 150cc or less. Are there any large motorcycles in Taiwan?

Thank you in advance,

Gen Kanai
kanai.net/weblog/

Hey Gen, welcome to forumosa…

There are a lot of bike gear shops in Taipei these days, I’d like to help you by suggesting a good one, but since I’m not based in Taipei I couldn’t really say… A word of warning though, that 90% of Taiwan bike shops sell gear in the small to medium size range (for obvious reasons) so if you’re not in that size bracket you may struggle to find kit…

I’m sure one of the Taipei posters will be able to suggest a specific store in Taipei… otherwise, try the search function here… I’m sure you’ll find a few threads covering Taipei bike gear shops…

Hi and welcome,

Yes there are big bikes here, and shops that sell good-quality apparel etc… But much of the stuff they sell is made in Japan. I imagine that the big-bike shops in Tokyo are at least as good if not better.

Ok, so I was worried about this and you guys have confirmed it. I’ll save my motorcycle gear shopping for my next trip back to the US.

Thank you!

Gen

[quote=“gkanai”]Ok, so I was worried about this and you guys have confirmed it. I’ll save my motorcycle gear shopping for my next trip back to the US.

Thank you!

Gen[/quote]

Hold on. Don’t give up hope yet. When I went back to Canada I went to a bike shop and the stuff they had was not only poor quality…but it was expensive. I know Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities on the planet…so you should still take a look while you’re here. And Taiwan carries lots of European brands as well.