šŸš‡ Taipei - MRT | Neihu MRT to Keelung?

It was in this article

1 Like

Interesting, thanks. Previous reports said it would run on the actual train track. This version sounds better and fasterā€¦But thereā€™s no construction yet I believe .

1 Like

The train commute from Xizhi to Taipei now is relatively painless. From Xike station to Nangang on the blue line is 5 minutes, and to Songshan is 9 minutes. The walk up to the train is a bit long for some reason, but itā€™s not too bad. Iā€™m guessing that some on the train are coming all the way from Keelung, and their commute must not be so enjoyable with all those stops. They have more direct trains Iā€™ve noticed, but not many. The ā€œlocal trainsā€ which stop at every stop come very frequently with some breaks in-between (for example, a train every 4-5 minutes for a few trains, then nothing for about 20 minutes). Very easy to work around this schedule.

Mandarin
WG: Hsi-chih
TP: Sijhih
HP: Xizhi

Taiwanese
POJ: Sek-chi
TL: Sik-tsi

Japanese
Shiodome

Now Hansioux will probably come along and tell us a long, fascinating story about the nameā€™s aboriginal origin. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget Gwoyeu Romatzyh :rofl:

.shi.jy

2 Likes

The map is confusing as hell but itā€™s clear (among other things) thatā€™s thereā€™s a stop at the Xizhi government office. There have been apartments going up in the area like crazy for maybe 6-7 years. I always suspected that people with deep pockets were doing this because they know something most others donā€™t.

The first phase of the Keelung MRT line will see 13 stations built from Badu to Nangang, according to a route map announced by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC) on Thursday (Nov. 25).

The 13 stations include ones at Badu, Qidu, Liudu, Baifu, northern Wudu, two stops at Baochang Keng, the Xizhi District Office, Xike, Zhangshuwan, Nanyang Bridge, Nangang Exhibition Center, and Nangang, CNA reported.

1 Like

Interesting, what does the MRT accomplish in this case that the train doesnā€™t?

2 Likes

Real estate price.

2 Likes

Lots of overlap for sure. It would probably be more economic to add a fourth train line (they added a third line some years ago), but then the trains going further (Hualien and beyond) would be effected. All I know is that the trains are full and the traffic in Xizhi is crap during rush hour with many bottlenecks. Also, more and more people are moving to Xizhi and Keelung. It will help definitely.

But this is probably the main driving force behind all this.

Fair enough, you can see how all the ē‰¹å€ new developments market themselves as being near new MRT lines to drive prices up.

1 Like

Itā€™s possible that eventually this entire route (Taipei - Keelung) will simply be handed over to the MRT system, with TRA rerouted to head more crisply toward Ilan and Hualien and Taitung.

Earlier precedents abound: handing over TRAā€™s Danshui line to the MRT system; eliminating TRAā€™s Xindian line before rebuilding it as part of the MRT system . . .

Guy

8 Likes
4 Likes

Wow they are going all-in with heavy rail (i.e. the large size carriages).

As noted above, I wonder if this is part of plan to eventually cut the TRA line to Keelung and find another way to get the TRA north link across to Ilan and points south more efficiently?

Guy

And just like that, all the new apartments that have been going up around the Xizhi government office the last 5 years or so makes sense.

I hope they put enough parking next to the stations. This new line could make a big difference for people living in the more rural parts of Eastern New Taipei City (Pingxi, Shuangxi, Ruifang)

From the map it looks like an extension of the Banciao Nangang Line.

1 Like

Parking would be counter intuitive. The point of public transport is to decrease driving.

So from ā€œBannanā€ to ā€œBankeeā€?

Guy

Many of us wonā€™t be here or on this earth when itā€™s finished.

2 Likes

Better image

2 Likes