Taipei Pride Parade 2023

The parade will start at 1 p.m. on Oct. 28 in front of Taipei City Hall, and over 120 shops and NGO groups will set up stands and jointly celebrate the event in the area.

The group expected at least 100,000 people to take part in the march, including around 5,000 to 10,000 foreign participants who are expected to fly in for the event.

5 Likes

I’ll likely be shooting it.

7 Likes

So, I’m at Pride now and I was wondering why so many men wear yukata or haori to Pride? Is there some kind of lore that I’m missing because I’m a gay woman? I remember last year I observed the same phenomenon and a gay friend told me it’s because those clothes make people look handsome, but his explanation wasn’t convincing enough :joy:

1 Like

To go out on a limb, Taiwanese people in general are pretty interested in Japanese culture?

I saw a couple of guys in some unusual long robes today, Chinese-style I guess. I didn’t think about Pride at the time

1 Like

Apparently current VP and Presidential Candidate William Lai and former Minister of Culture Chen Li-chun attended today.

Source: https://twitter.com/brianhioe/status/1718188101477261822

Guy

2 Likes

Brian Hioe, writing at New Bloom, reports on today’s event:

Guy

3 Likes

5 Likes