Taipei Public Library E-Books

I don’t know why I open my big mouth. I don’t know why I share, but I like being helped and I like helping. I just hope this won’t give the library too much work and cancel or re-evaluate it’s policy.

You don’t have to live or visit Taipei to get a library card. Call and request an application. Explain that you can’t come to Taipei. They should want your original ARC, not a copy, along with a self addressed stamped envelope in the amount of 34 dollars.

I check it out and am “sort of pleased”. So far I’ve found three libraries accessible for the library card. The first known as EBSCOhost has a lot of e-books and a very good online reader application. The ADOBE Digital Editions downloads, however, appear to0small for me to read on my ten inch e-pc screen. Even the my computer has English menus the downloads still insist that my computer language is Chinese so I had not gotten anywhere in trying make adjustments.

The Second Library is Overdrive. The host a very large collection of Audio Books and a decent collection of Ebooks in Adobe PDF and EPUB formats. Unlike my Overdrive account with my US Library, Overdrive offers MUSIC. There is a large classical collection and a pitifully small popular music selection.
OverDrive also offers some videos too

There is also a children s e-book library called Little Kiss 電子書登入 that says that it offers Chinese pronunciation and games. But I have not had time to give it a try.

2 Likes

REMINDER: Be humble and ask. Don’t demand. Just state your hardship case.Be nice and respectful. They really have done me a favor… I live South of Kaohsiung. Now way I’m going to Taipei on a Workday! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Now, where can I get a decent priced reader that works like my Kindle Touch, which I can’t use for lending librarys since I committed a huge crime of borrowing a book from an other country.

Any idea how many ebooks are available from Taipei Public Library?

Looks like they have the Harry Potter series, Jack Reacher, Haruki Murakami, 50 Shades series, etc.

Looks like a lot of ebooks for kids. Didn’t expect to see an erotic category.

Doesn’t seem to have much non-fiction.

Any audiobook?

@TheSeeker says yes.

1 Like

Anyone?

Do you have URLs for those?

Ebooks at Taipei library?

Computer, phone, ereader…