Taipei rat problem

Godamn there’s so many rats in this city

Take a walk at night in a traditional market and you will see them partying around on the tables they will use to cut the meat in the morning.

Loads in my alley. Had one in my room last week so I went round locating the points of ingress. The big ones stay in the street. Only the little ones get up to my roof.

I often wonder why the rats want to be on my tin roof. They are very loud, but don’t sound different than squirrels on the roof. Why the roof of the fifth floor? No food up there. I put out poison, but it remains untouched.

you need a cat. Only a cat will truly keep rats away. Not those cats you buy from the shop, you want those born to feral cats. Ones that loves to bite or something. They’re murder cats.

:rofl:

Ok… that’s enough forumosa for today.

2 Likes

Not ALL rats are useless.

4 Likes

They quietly laugh about you trying poisoning them.

I saw them spraying at the markets near me. They just go up one side spraying the ground, turn around and go back. They come through after everything is shut obviously. I say obviously, but there are a couple of places that just stay open all the time in this market, one of them a fruit and veg place. They just sprayed around the table legs while all the fruit and veg were out on the table.

Somewhere in Neihu there’s an MRT station behind which there’s what seems to be a garbage collection centre (I have no idea what the actual name should be).

It’s rank.

You can see moving heaps of rats trembling in frenzy. Between revolting and terrifying.

Mix it with peanut butter and they’ll be me likely to eat it.

The shop I used to be in, people would regularly drop garbage in the dead of the night off the corner of the street. When I walk by I can see hordes of rats covering going in and out of the garbage bag.

I can’t believe that nobody did anything about it.

Funny that you guys are talking about this. I was talking about the very same thing last weekend to some folks that seemed to be unaware of how bad it can be this problem in some parts of the city.

Now, there’s four legged rats and two legged rats…

There’s also rats with wings…

They are good to eat.