Taipei to LA flight prices

Can you guys let me know how much I should expect to pay for a flight in the summer from Taipei to LA? Did a little searching online and the best I was able to find was $1112 US, which is about 33,300nt, on Air China. Sound like a decent price?

Is that round trip? If so, not bad for summer.
When I traveled from LA to TPE round trip in the summer with China Airline (Taiwan), I paid as high as $1,600 per ticket (X 4 for whole family). Before June and after September, the price would drop. I paid $830 last October round trip. One winter around Xmas, I paid $1,200.

A friend flew an airline from China (do not remember which) and he had to stop over Beijing for few hours. He is retired so time is not crucial, but he saved hundreds of US dollars that way and it took more than 24 hours to reach LA.

I’ve flown back to LA almost every year for the past 7 years. This is usually during CNY (Jan/Feb) and the round-trip price ranges from US$1,100~$1,400 (my ticket for Feb. 2015 is $1,300). I’ve gone back twice during April and it was a bit cheaper (best price I got was $980), so I’d say $1,100 for summer travel is a good price.

Is that round trip? If so, not bad for summer.
When I traveled from LA to TPE round trip in the summer with China Airline (Taiwan), I paid as high as $1,600 per ticket (X 4 for whole family). Before June and after September, the price would drop. I paid $830 last October round trip. One winter around Xmas, I paid $1,200.

A friend flew an airline from TPE (do not remember which airline, but it is from China) and he had to stop over Beijing for few hours. He is retired so time is not crucial, but he saved hundreds of US dollars that way and it took more than 24 hours to reach LA.[/quote]

How do you delete a duplicated post?

I don’t think you can. I’ve seen people go back and “delete” a post by editing it…erase all of the content and put something like [duplicate post]

Yes, I believe that is a round trip price. Thanks, I’ll let my friend know that she might want to book that ticket since it’s a good deal.

You wait for the mod to do it for you. :wink:

Hey djm409,

I work in a travel agency here in Taiwan (Taichung and Taipei). If you let me know the dates - not before…not after… - I will send you a quotation so you can compare it with what you have found so far. My email is anna@northwest.com.tw.
“summer” is too generic and prices can change from day to day!