Taipei to phase out free curbside parking for scooters

Result…more motorcycles on sidewalk competing with the stuff displayed on sidewalk by all the stores…meaning absolutely no place to walk on the sidewalk…leading to more people walking on the street.

1 Like

I also agree that the scooters are just going to move onto the sidewalk. FFS. It’s just like when they said they would fine cyclists for riding in “pedestrian” lanes, meanwhile, scooters are ripping around back and forth…

1 Like

I’d rather they did something about illegal sidewalk parking first. Well, not really, because where would I park?

I’m fine with such changes, as long as they keep the current rule that e-scooters park for free in the paid curbside parking spaces :stuck_out_tongue:

Note: e-scooters do get tickets at paid curbside parking spaces, but these tickets show “0 NT$ payable”

What paid kerbside parking ?

Scooter parking charge in effect.

That’s still really cheap for a big city.

Bloody ozzies charged me $60 for the day in Sydney. Toronto isnt even that insane.

1 Like

Where is it and how does it work ?
Still very cheap given they are taking up the pavement.
I also noticed they only charge between 9am and 5pm, Mon to Fri.
The best thing to do is just ban parking from most pavements.

When they phase in enforcement of the current parking regulations I’ll be impressed. Where am I supposed to park my bike if I can’t jam it between scooters?

1 Like

It’s similar to plastic-paper bill for car parking and stapled around some part of the scooter usually around hand rest behind seat.

This is near corner of Zhongshan and Changan.

Pretty inefficient but doesn’t surprise me.

1 Like

I hate it when old threads come back to life. I made almost the same comment 4 months ago.

They claim the purpose of charging scooters for parking is to help the environment/reduce traffic and encourage more people to use pubic transportation and alternative green transport.

Maybe they won’t bother bikes.

I wonder if they’ll have Gogoro only parking.

Currently, electric vehicles park for free in most places. They still get tickets, but they say 0 NT :slight_smile:

Wasting paper.

at 20NT? its basically free. just more bollocks. the govt really likes the ‘look like we are doing something’ game.

1 Like

Exactly. 20ntd a day, Mon to Fri is less than the cheapest drink in a drink shop. Wasting ctizens money and time playing games. How does it change behaviour .?
Then they have to employ a guy to stick 0NTD stickers on bikes aa well and generating rubbish. Idiotic!

1 Like