[Taipei] Wanan 45 air raid drill on July 25th 1:30pm-2pm [Fine for not participating?!?]

pretty much the entire world :frowning:

I once made the mistake of going outside during one of these deliberately in the hope of seeing jets and helicopters whizzing around or vehicles trundling down the street.

I saw nothing. Just a cop who stopped people from walking around. Most boring and disappointing 30 minutes of my life.

1 Like

Just 30mins and too many complaints.

The map link on the alert is pretty useless for finding a shelter that’s actually near your current location. Shows me a 100 locations all located in the northern part of Taipei, while I’m 20 km away in the Eastern area, where no markers are shown on my map.

meh…
10 minutes in and the only things flying by are a few birds.

Cleverly disguised reconnaissance drones.

6 Likes

The 10 / 10 fly overs are pretty nifty to watch

You have to report those birds how dare they :sweat_smile:

I went to my offices roof to have a peek if anything was flying around. Nice view of 101. But no aircraft.

The smog is thick today. Surprised you could see 101.

Usually I have a great view from my house, but it’s just pea soup out there.

And it’s over…

3 Likes

See y’all in here next year.

2 Likes

Forumosa seems to be,
my most reliable source,
for information,
in an emergency.

1 Like

What an amazing air raid drill. Taiwan’s military is so mighty and great

Office is really close. So got a decent view, shame the buildings locked up during the new year celebration. Using my passkey to take the elevator to the roof would guarantee a perfect view. But unfortunately, my pass key doesn’t open the front doors.

Every time I find these drills utterly pointless. No one is going to say, when the air raids are for real, “so glad we had those drills back then, we are now so much better prepared and know how to hide in a Seven.” You really want to be behind a large glass window when the rockets rain down on the city?

Instead they should, and I hope they do, have drills for medical facilities, preparing them for dealing with thousands of wounded, how to bury/cremate the dead, prepare shelter for those who have lost their homes during bombings, how to prepare water and food for those cut off from supplies, how to deal with a mass exodus of people fleeing when an attack is imminent, how to prepare for people panic buying and hoarding food and toilet paper, etc. etc.

The air raid drills are just a needless nuisance.

1 Like

that’s because there ARE none in the east of Taipei. They are all in the north, where the rich people live, like in Tienmu.

Edit: don’t take my word for this, I’m usually full of crap, and know nothing about Taipei anymore!

1 Like

Wasn’t there some dude on here that was building his own nuclear bunker?

It’s an air raid drill for the public, like the fire drills you have at school, you wouldn’t expect a Fire engine to turn up (unless some one is smoking and set if the alarm).

Did you mean to post that to r/taiwan? :grin:

2 Likes