[Taipei] Wanan 45 air raid drill on July 25th 1:30pm-2pm [Fine for not participating?!?]

The Wanan 45 air raid drill in Taipei City will begin at 1:30 p.m. and last until 2 p.m. on Monday (July 25), during which time all vehicles and civilians will be required to follow evacuation procedures.

Civilians should comply with all measures related to the drill, the city government said, adding that violators will be fined NT$30,000 (US$1,020) – NT$150,000 per Article 25 of the Civilian Defense Act.

:flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

Anyone heard about this?
I guess that means I need to grab lunch before 1:30pm and then stay inside to avoid the fine, right?

Or am I even allowed to stay at home? Or do I have to evacuate too?

3 Likes

‘During the drill, all moving vehicles in the city will have to pull over to the side of the road, get out of the vehicles, and follow the instructions of police or civil defense personnel to take shelter until the end of the drill.’

In the scorching heat! :banana: :face_with_monocle: :clap:

Don’t forget the bomb proof umbrella!

1 Like

Yeah - but do I need to do anything if I am on foot or at home?

It also says people won’t be allowed to leave MRT stations…

1 Like

Stop walking and take shelter in nearest convenience store, increasing business.

At home? Watch TV? Go down to the parking garage and follow instructions of your borough warden?

1 Like

I don’t know… I am actually a bit worried that they want everyone to actually evacuate… :thinking:

‘Taipei MRT will maintain normal operation during the drill, but arriving passengers must follow instructions to take shelter inside the station …’

Finally we’ll know the secret bomb shelters in the stations! Or … hide under the benches?

An excellent way to spread COVID BA.5 … cuddle up in a bomb shelter.

These used to happen a couple of times a year and then they slacked off. Guess because of Ukraine they are revving them up again. In the past cops made all cars pull over and pedestrians were supposed to stop. Best thing to be to plan to be home or at work at the time and then it’s no concern. The fines are just a scare tactic as usual.

6 Likes

no. just park or stop and go somewhere for 30 mins. these drills are common in Taiwan every year.

please file any complaints with the CCP oppressors and the US government for completely screwing over Taiwan to make quick (retarded) money in china. otherwise, enjoy your 30 minute meditation :slight_smile:

1 Like

They do this every year. Nothing ever happens, I’ve always gone about my day as usual, never noticed anything other than planes fly over. Never heard of anyone being fined or even told to do anything. It’s all just a massive theatre show so the army can pretend they are big and mighty.

2 Likes

I remember long ago being stuck at a street corner for the duration of the drill, unable to cross the road or get to my destination, with police enforcing this. Things haven’t been that way in many years, but they sound like they want to return to that approach.

4 Likes

Before, people were told off for being out during the time, stopped, and ordered to take shelter, and possibly fined. Thinking “I am a foreigner, I don’t have to bother” is a good way to get in trouble.

5 Likes

True but lots of Taiwanese make quick retarded money from China as well

I accidentally kept driving through one in Taichung many years ago. I didn’t know about it but suddenly the street traffic cleared. Cops were cool and said to just stay stopped outside.
I wouldn’t want to try again in case the cops were not as cool.

1 Like

Get a grip man.

2 Likes

Looks like pretty old footage judging by that bus that went past.

Anything happening out there?

The day rave has started. Bring your water bottles, leave your glow sticks at home.

1 Like

air raid sirens going off.

wonder if we will see any jets or helicopters

30 minutes of civility on Taiwan’s roadways :slight_smile:

11 Likes