Taiwan 13th Smartest in World, 4th in IQ

posting in general not in response

Yes, that was the counterexample that immediately springs to mind. Singapore (before it was called Singapore) was a useless swamp.

Singapore was Poorer than Most Countries 50 years ago. DIRT POOR. They had no natural resources, no fresh water supply(needed to import from Malaysia on hostile terms), located on the Equator hot and tropical, malaria infested. no land, no Infrastructure. They suffered through Japanese occupation and decades of Colonial Rule from British as second class citizens. They had nothing and enemies on all sides when declaration of freedom came after WW2 Malaysia kicked them out of their country cause they disliked too many Chinese. Singapore built the richest country in the world per capita (per 2016) beyond UAE 2nd place Saudi Arabia 3rd place without OIL. You dont see many Singaporeans fleeing their country to move to their ex Colonizer the UK en masse. Nor do they cling onto a victum mentality, look the British Empire, French, Dutch, Belgium screwed many places over decades ago… If anything both sides are partially to blame. Singapore could have kept blaming the British Empire and Japanese Empire and continued being a piss poor country too and asked for constant financial support, and they would have been justified no one would have blamed them.

That short clip made me feel bad for the congolese (are they there?) guy, the chinese dude murdered him and his whole society while smiling about it.

So my next question. Why do many Taiwanese harbour a victim mentality when they are top 10% in many metrics? IQ doesn’t equate to wisdom? There’s a dialogue of spin that benefits a few? I seriously don’t get it. The level of ignorance about geopolitics here is extremely frustrating considering what this country is told they are facing. Take a country like Israel, they are not surrounded by friends, have a high IQ population but, they just get on with it.

Many Asian Countries High IQ low EQ

1 Like

I wonder if the EQ tests are racist as well…

2 Likes

It depends on who scores at the top and who’s at the bottom.

2 Likes

How does the average Forumosan do on the EQ front ?

EQ is as bs as it gets, at least IQ is something useful even if we are not quite sure what exactly that thing is.

The part of Africa that was more advanced was part of the fertile crescent, not sub-saharan Africa.

Furthermore, if Europeans are so intelligent why were they behind Africa during that time?

There are no big domesticable animals I’m Africa or Latin America to multiply force like there are in Eurasia. Furthermore, that those two continents run north south instead of east-west means plant domestication is impossible t9 spread because he climate changes when you move that direction.

You said it. IQ is malleable. The fact that you think africans were smarter in some previous timeframe shows that you think its not biological. But then what did cause their lower IQ? I think colonialism destroyed their institutions and caused them to fall behind (further?). They now have a lower IQ and who is to blame for that? The fact that Singaporeans were smart enough to still come out on top doesn’t absolve the west of their sins.
P.S. I don’t think white people are all that is wrong with the world and everything was fine before they went on a pillaging spree but actions have consequences and morality dictates that one corrects their wrongs.

1 Like

:laughing: :joy:

They’re only located at the center of the most lucrative trade route in the world between Europe and Asia.

1 Like

Even Lee Kuan Yew said they’re mostly descended from peasants in Fukien and Canton while most intelligent people stayed back.

And he acknowledged since they’re so small they can’t get a critical mass of talent. All they can do is create an efficient infrastructure for multinationals to come do business. Why do you think they’re poaching Taiwan’s engineers all the time?

So is Malaysia, Indonesia and the PI,

1 Like

Vouchercloud???, such a great authority to do this kind of research… NOT.

English teachers.

Is just hidden advertisement for a coupon website… yay

I think both sides are at fault, its not really one or the other. But yes sometimes the EU still treats Africa like its backyard for resources. Anything Trump is doing to Mexico Pails in comparison to how the EU is using Military force to create European Border Military Force Checkpoints and artificial EU borders in North Africa.

DW DOCUMENTARY EUs ARTIFICIAL MILITARY BORDER IN AFRICA TO TURN MIGRANTS BACK. GERMAN ARMY PATROLLING N AFRICA TO TURN MIGRANTS BACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOXx6ZBWRo

Like the US was not founded by Europeans?